Duckz

General TV Show Discussion And Review

Getting though The Bill would be quite the achievement Phoby.

RE JAG - even though it isn't a prerequisite, JAG is what I watched first when I was much younger, so I'd like to work through from there and eventually get to NCIS. I'm currently doing the same with Star Trek - I began with TOS, and now I'm finally half way through TNG Season 1. It's taking a while. I plan to do Battlestar Galactica at some point too.

Anyone still giving Agents of SHIELD a go? I've been keeping up to date with it an quite enjoy it. I'm also looking forward to seeing Thor this week on camp.

Yer, agents of shield is my number 2 watch after legend of korra. Those 2 and brooklyn nine-nine are the ones i hang out for every week. Blacklist is waning for me, as well as walking dead. Idk what happened to homeland but i keep watching as i trust them to ramp up.

Arrow is getting better imo, and sleepy hollow is a bit of dumb fun. Elementry is still enjoyable however it has lost it's spark.

I know a show i will love will be Board walk empire however i find myself having to wait for the next episode so i am saving them all for one big binge watch/ Luckily the show is not popular enough that i have to worry about spoilers online.

So last night I finally finished Breaking Bad. And while it's very rare that I'd describe any TV show as jaw dropping, I had three literal jaw dropping moments in the last three episodes alone (let alone some in the previous seasons as well).

Nath tried to get me to watch this probably three years ago. I remember then thinking that a teacher who goes rogue in to drug manufacturing was not really my cup of tea, so I declined. Then, come to the end of 2013 and everyone was raving about Season 5 and how this show just kept getting better. So I finally watched them all, and I'm glad I did.

Generally, I thought I had a decent idea of where some things were going, but there were certainly some curve balls thrown in. Unfortunately, the problem with being behind in a series is that you do risk spoilers. The main one I accidentally found was a cast photo of Dean Norris (Hank) with a hole in his head and blood trickling down - so I had a fair idea that at some point he was gone. Not that it made it any less shocking (and poor, poor Gomie).

My three jaw dropping moments I had in the last three episodes were: 1) when WW told Jesse about Jane (I'd forgotten about the fact he was there and didn't expect him to mention it at that point in the story); 2) when they shot Andrea (that was just callous); and 3) when he revealed where he'd put the ricin. There were certainly more instances throughout the season, but as I watched the last six episodes yesterday these ones are stuck in my mind.

All in all a very well written series which was also very well acted. I don't normally notice the acting quality, so when something like that stands out for me then I know it has to be good. I was also very impressed with how small, innocuous things from earlier in the series all came back to link up at different points. Take the character of Hector for example - seeing the guy in a wheelchair for the first time, I just assumed he'd be a pretty "once off" character that we'd never see again after Season 1. But he had such a well thought out background and ended up playing a vital role in the story. I also enjoy when a series does flashbacks or flashforwards (not that I'd seen flashforwards done very often). Breaking Bad certainly used both to good effect.

Rumour is they might be doing a prequel series called "Better Call Saul" - so it'll be interesting to see if that takes off and if it is any good.

Finally, if you haven't done so, the gag reels are worth checking out on YouTube.

I think the magic of BB was less about the twists and curve balls and more about seeing it play out. Most things in the story were predictable but the execution was probably some of the best in any tv show ever.

The last 2 seasons are my favourite seasons of any tv show ever.

Been Watching House of Cards and recently got my mother onto Orange is the new Black. Both very good Netflix TV series widely available online. House of cards is filmed differently to many things and is very much about the characters and plot growth. Orange is the new black is very well done with a bit of humour. No idea when season 2 is released but definately worth checking them out.

I plan to watch that at some point, but it could be a while :(.

Anyone here ever watch Babylon 5? For some reason I thought it was much older than it actually is, so might give it some future consideration as well.

Anyone seen In The Flesh?

It's a three part zombie/rehabilitation show that's been picked up for a 'second' season this year. I watched the first episode today. Seems pretty good.

Getting back into Battlestar Galactica after a long hiatus.

Holy shit the fourth season is good! :D

I've gotten a hold of this, so while my TV list is quite long I'm looking forward to watching it properly. I think when it aired on TV here in the mid-2000s I did watch some of it, but I'll be starting from the beginning.

That said, after finishing Breaking Bad I wanted a change a shorter series to get in to. So I've just started watching Firefly. Anyone else watched it? I'm two episodes in and hooked already. Looks like it does the sci-fi side very well, and I'm enjoying the characters and actors too.

Yeah I've got Serenity ready to go as well. I'm really enjoying it so far, and the special effects are excellent as well given it's 12 years old.

There's a new series that started up yesterday in the States called Intelligence.

I've just finished watching the Pilot episode and it doesn't seem too bad. It certainly has an interesting concept.