Jebusohmighty

Movie Club

So tonight i watched Arnold Schwarzenegger's new movie "Sabotage" i give it a 6/10.

Wont give to much detail without trying to give the plot away, but his team dies pretty quickly after shit turns bad. I did like the ending however, tho i wish that Sam Worthington's character wasn't killed off in such a bullshit way yet violently satisfying at the same time (No he is not the bad guy either). There were however some pretty decent actors in the film such as Josh Halloway (Swayer in Lost), Harold Perrineau (Was in Lost, don't remember his name) and Terrence Howard (Iron Man 1 I believe)

But in saying that still stand by my "rating" 6/10. If your interested in watching it I've linked the trailer below. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeHpSdQSH0c

Personal Note: I do plan on watching Sean Bean's flick "Cleanskin" sometime tomorrow night, i will most likely put up my mini thoughts on the film.

Edited by MasterShrive

Anyone else watched Cloud Atlas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Atlas_(film) I hadn't really heard of it, but stumbled across it in a sci-fi movie list the other week.

Anyway, I finally got around to watching it and I was quite impressed. It jumps across multiple time periods, with the actors portraying different characters in each (not all of which I spotted when I watched it). The film ties these time periods together using different methods, showing how actions in one place and time can affect others down the line. It takes a lot to keep track of everything and it goes for almost three hours - however, I'd say it's worth it if you enjoy watching story arcs link together with a bit of sci-fi thrown in. I'd give it 8 out of 10.

I liked the idea of it but was very unimpressed with the story and the execution for the most part. Only 1 or 2 of the story lines interested me and were good. For example, I can only remember the future one with the woman/robot. The rest were so forgettable and bland in my opinion.

Yeah fair enough. I found each entertaining enough in their own right, but it would certainly be a lot to sit through if the plot lines weren't of interest.

I'd certainly like to see the idea explored in another film though too.

On another note, anyone watched Boyhood? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyhood_(film) This certainly interests me, and for anyone not in the know, they filmed the same young actor for 11 years (and progressed the story over time as he aged, including others aging around him). It would have been one hell of a task to organise and I'm keen to see the end results.

Oh dear :( I had a feeling it would probably be bad. The first movie was edging in that territory. Shut up Blue! Some of us like The Inbetweeners! :P

I've seen the second movie, I was happy enough with it. The plot isn't as strong, and there's probably even more gross out humor than normal, but I still found it worth watching and I did laugh out loud a lot.

Not sure it would be your thing Josh, but if you wanted to try it you'd start with the tv show.

TV for sure, the movie isn't the best to start with.

Not sure if you've heard about Fresh Meat, Nath? It's similar and i think a stronger show. Revolves around Uni life, the characters have a ton of depth and unique, give it a watch:

Hey Phobos, I think you mentioned it another time, I ended up watching most of it, not sure why I stopped in the end. I did find it good.

Machine Gun Preacher

Just finished watching this masterpiece, i might not have any religious values but it makes you wonder if "god" really does exist.. But in saying that "Machine Gun Preacher" Is one hell of a good movie that brings the feels in several ways, one of my friends actually got to meet this guy last weekend and after reading up on Sam Childers (Portryed by Gerard Bulter) i learned that several things in the film did happen and some didn't

In one part his best friend Donnie dies of an overdose of heroin. Where as in real life Sams son died of a heroin overdose.

Considering i was bit iffy about the whole "Kony 2012" movement it does raise eyebrows to as why the UN allows this to go on? But in saying that when i first selected the  film i thought it was going to be your typical action, gun blazing, blood and guts film.. but it turned out to be something else. If you haven't seen it i recommend so.

8/10  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T48oq-WlIGc

I'm sorry, I just see that YouTube still and assuming he's saying "This is Sparta!".

That said, I appreciate the recommendation and might give it a look.

This movie looks freaking amazing!!! Its based on the television series "The Equalizer" that ran for four seasons on CBS between 1985 and 1989. Hits Cinemas here 25th of this month! 

Just watched this, was a really interesting look at a high risk sport and it's impact on the Dunlop family across two generations. Any one that has seen and liked TT Closer to the Edge will enjoy this too.

I watched it at this link (only available for another 6 days) using the 'Media Hint' Firefox addon which is free for a 7 day trial. I think the doco comes out on dvd in the next week or two and may have additional scenes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jhws7/road

Went and seen The Equalizer on the weekend 2 things i learned from that was that

1. Nail guns come in shotgun form

2. dont mess with people who work at a shop similar to bunnings. 

Overall great movie and looooaaadddsss of violence :D 

Saw Fury and I actually like it. Giving it a 6.5. Wasn't to long, wasn't to short and had just the right amount of action. The ending was good but i would have preferred a slight change to it. I guess you can't always have everything.

Just saw Gone Girl which is the new film by David Fincher (Seven, Fight Club)

Really liked it.

Rate 8.5 and would of given higher but for one reason. I wont say what but you'll see.

It also has Emily Ratajkowki  showing her acting assets. If you don't know her, see this music vid.  (NSFW!!)  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11cloz_by-virus-os-robin-thicke-ft-t-i-pharrell-blurred-lines-unrated_music