Sign in to follow this  
Bondy

Upgrading the laptop

Hi all,

long time no game!! I hope everyone is going well.. Its been too long between games for me. On that topic,

I am looking at upgrading my laptop and am looking to spend approx 2500 give or take. Its been so long that I am a bit outdated as to what is out there. What I do know is that i'd like something that can play a decent game on it like total war rome 2!! I have been looking at the new alienware 14 at 2599$ but if anyone else can point me in the direction of something similar in specs but cheaper im all ears. Hopefully once i get onto something a bit better than what i have i might be able to jump on every now and again for a quick game :P

I know that Dell can be a dirty word sometimes, but I've personally had a Dell XPS 15 for about 18 months now, that I picked up for $1,100.

It's done me really well, I've even played competitively in scrims on the thing.

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

You know how to brighten a man's day mate, no doubt about it.

I'm in the process of doing a new build (quite literally right now, just jumped online to download some manuals as apparently parts don't come with them any more) but as this machine is a desktop I'm probably not much use with suggestions for a laptop. That said, the main reason I'm building this is because of Rome II so I'm happy to hear you'll hopefully be getting it as well :D.

How have you been anyway? We just need to get Ken to pop in and we're all set (apparently Splitty was on TS for our reunion on Sunday but I missed him, and Krak has been about the place lately too).

Bondy! I have just the laptop for you. Just arrived...

A Compudyne 4DX2/66! One of a kind. I'll even do it for $2400 (excluding shipping)!

post-178-140264610587.jpg

Be quick! It's bound to walk out the door.

*Only needs a battery, ac adapter and is very unlikely to work at all!

Ha nice one bp,

I must admit its very tempting to look at building a system similar to yours MS but alas i wouldn't be able to lug it into night shift :cry1: . I cant wait for the new total war i have it pre-ordered and ready to go so just need to get something decent if possible that will run it smoothly. I have been well, very busy with work, life etc... I don't get too much spare time anymore and when i do I rarely get the chance to have a game even on this shitty laptop i have at the moment. Hope all is well with family and your enjoying the school holidays!! Will you be coming back to Ballarat again to compete in the teachers games??

Hey Bondy, good to see ya round the forums m8, not sure about the latest gaming laptops probably ASUS, Toshiba, Dell/AW would be the go, high end Lenovo models arent bad either, stay away from brands like Acer, HP though they are built very cheap and nasty. Good luck!

I have a feeling we might be giving Teacher's Games a miss this year. Rumour is that instead we might opt to go wine tasting somewhere up north instead.

I've got my copy of Rome II pre-ordered as well. I can't wait :D.

Thanks Nev, yeah current laptop was bought on a budget and is a HP...Have had nothing but trouble ever since i got it home. :x

Nice one about the wine tasting, I must admit with every year getting older my pallet is enjoying the red more and more. Ballarat has finally got a few good wine bars now which are nice to visit on a Friday night after work, makes a change from all the pubs (no bad thing about that also!!)

Haha! One day I'll need to come down and visit Nath and we could catch up for a drink. Always easier said than done though according to my experience :(.

thanks heaps for that mate think i might give this one a go and see how things pan out. Cheers :beer4:

I'm a little late to this but

BOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY