NevilleBartos

War Thunder

Thought we had a thread on this, quite an addictive game, its basically WW2 themed MMO where you can fly fighters and bombers from the era either in arcade style or full realism or historical style.

Kinda similar game model to World of Tanks at the moment although I think they plan on releasing more content to make it more like WW2 online, with playable ground/sea units.

Worth a look if you like that kinda thing, played a bit yesterday and found myself addicted, I'm currently rank 5 on the german side and rank 4 on Russian, aside from the occasional crash the game plays very well for a beta and seems quite polished.

http://warthunder.com/

aside from the occasional crash the game plays very well

Nev, you can't blame the game for you being a bad pilot.

I did you see you playing this when you got home. Sounds interesting. I wonder how it will cope when World of Warplanes is released eventually.

But the game puts things in my way, how can that be my fault?

There are lots of people saying this is much better than the wowp beta, I haven't tried wowp though so I couldnt really comment there.

So, I received a code for War Thunder that gets you the Gladiator Mk. 2, which is apparently a British Biplane with 4 (count 'em!) machine guns.

No idea if it's valuable or not, but if anyone wants it, I only have 1 code.

In the profile section on Gaijin you can change it.

Lol, nice videos Nev. Now i see why AAA snaps you............you just fly straight and level. Mystery solved!

Just about to finish the Ace's achievement for the weekend. Get your shit bucket yet Nev? I can't hear you from the top of my tank!! :P

I got the Mustang pack and the Steam pack (XP-38 and A6M5 Ko).

Steam pack is worth it and excellent timing for the Zero. It out turns everything in HB, can't go wrong with it albeit a bit wooden and flimsy if you joust a lot. XP-38 on the other hand is so very meh - new patch gives it a new flight model so maybe it fixes it.

Mustang is good, but you have to fly to it's strengths. Against the Japanese it's tough to win dog fights, but i had most luck against Germans, smashing those pesky 109's.

This is all from HB only. :uzi:

I also had a poke on the dev server for the new patch. Got any planes or mods you haven't purchased. Do it ASAP