Zenneth

Battlefield 4

/giggles like school girl.

please dont be shit bf4 just dont.

counter knifing sweet awesome zombie loving jebus yes! im sure the swipes will be used in force still.

also, i'm glad cmdr's back. ties the squads together, and when someone's on voip and they dont know what's up or taking the piss, that's always a good lol.

heh. i guess that means voip's back maybe.

looked a bit shite graphix wise but it looked to be on a console. so im holding out hope.

hate to say this, but CoD reveal looked so much better (and yes i know, it was a sp cod demo ).

hope there is more to it than bf3.1 level design with exploding pillars.

Lookin' good. Can't wait till the beta the stupid MoH got me.

When will fps games make use of a second screen :( Would be good for a full map or commander

Only other game in memory i've played that did that was Supreme Commander. Which worked excellently for an RTS. But then, never again in a game...

Not saying that this won't work on pc but just so everyone si aware, the demo with the tablet interface option is exclusive to xbox consoles via something they call smart glass. The idea is you play your xbox with your tablet in your lap.

Again, not saying that it is ruled out for pc and the tech would more then definitely be there but the tablet demo is (as of confirmed details) and xbox exclusive feature.

Thanks for the update Blue, I was wondering how that would intergrate into the gameplay and what form it would take (ie; tablet, smart phone, second screen)

The players on the live stream are all terrible... Its painful to watch they are so bad! haha

• - Havn't seen a revive yet...
    - The C flag does comes back
    - I think I saw a possible knife counter attack when he was knifed from behind?!
    - Looked like limited med kits again
    - The spectator mode looks amazing!
    - The Skyscraper is pulled down by destroying 4 supports with explosives
    - getting over the top of a ladder is faster
    - can click to spectate from the scores view (tab)
    - Enemies are not orange all the time now. the colors are team dependent
    - You get markers (like for c4 and mines) for rockets from the chopper
    - Some of the vehicles had limited ammo
    - side arm customization
    - Can block part of the map
    - landing in water you actually go under now
    - they didn't discuss it but one of the devs said the is "heaps more" gun customization. Bit vague but better then nothing
    - the commander doesn't take up a one of the 64 slots

That's all I've noticed so far. Will update as I watch :)

Good videos.

The limited ammo for vehicles will be good I think, if it makes it in to the final product.

Edit: faster ladder climbing you say? This will help us when we're pursuing Bambis, lol.

Also, someone said this on CG: "Magazine pool confirmed, meaning reloading throws away all bullets in that magazine." Not sure if that is true, but if so that makes things more interesting. And it would also make the support class more valuable.

Yeah its been a pleasant suprise, lots of compelling features in this one.

Sponty I'd say colours are probably only team dependant in spectate mode, and yes knifing can now be countered, few other things too..

- Flashbangs (still not as bad as the sun in bf3 LOL)

- Only LMG's suppress, suppression doesnt affect dispersion.

- Bollards can be activated, blocking parts of map from vehicles.

- Squad perks are earnt each round by accumulating squad points.

- Can shoot from water with sidearm.

- Sprint swim.

I was thinking that too Nev, but I noticed a lot of people on the Chinese team shooting their own team!? Could be a continuation of how terrible the people are at E3 at FPS games.

Also we saw that you could counter a front knife Nev but I saw the "F to counter" pop up when a guy got knifed from behind. Being able to counter a back knife would be silly IMO because it would defeat the purpose of knifing them from behind...

Personally I prefer having blue as the default friendly so I hope that's only for spectator because having to remember what color to shoot could get confusing.

Also (at least in this demo) you don't throw away the bullets left in a mag when you reload. So the CG guy was either lying or it hasn't been implemented yet.

Edit: Yeah the just confirmed its a spectator only thing for colors(Thank God). People are still shooting their own team constantly though hahaha. I guess tech reporters and media don't play games much haha.

I dunno, its good that knifing will be a challenge now though, not just a matter of hiding in a corner waiting for someone to walk past.

Yeah you might be right with the colours, in a heap of footage I've watched there hasn't been many kills, lots of terribad aiming with console controllers lol, wouldnt take much to get use to faction locked colours though.

magazine pool might only be for certain weapons? wouldnt affect belt fed guns.

Am I correct in saying that there was faction locked colours in BF2? Blue for US, red for Russians/Chinese?

As for the reloads, this was posted on CG to compare BF3 and BF4:

ZADd5ot.png

Hmm I was watching the reload and I didn't notice that. Why would they have the entire ammo count and not just a magazine count? that would be a much needed buff for the support class.

Maybe that is part of "normal" mode only. Apparently there's three modes: softcore, normal and hardcore. Softcore will be like current BF3; the new normal will have squad leader spawns, limited vehicle ammo and a few other things I think. Perhaps that would include throwing away the remainder of the clips. That said, I'd prefer if instead of throwing away the clip you just put it back on your belt, so you at least had it there if really needed, as opposed to running out of ammo completely. Half a clip is better than no clip at all.

They must be careful how they do things. I agree with you shrives, adding a not full clip onto your "belt" is the way to go. I am interested about the vehicle ammo. Can your replenish the ammo? if not does that mean a tank becomes useless after 15 shots? how about heli's?

In BF2 the commander could drop down supply crates which would allow vehicles to rearm, or they could rearm back at base I believe. I think the secondary gun had unlimited ammo (I could be wrong about that). I think there were also other supply options/stations around the maps (and maybe even from some other vehicles like BMPs, but I could be getting confused with ArmA now).

Commander mode is permanent, you can't play and Commander. If you want to play commander you have to essentially give up a round. They way you get points is by helping your team and marking objectives.

Also the objective does not "come back" , it is not there until you blow the building then it becomes a new point.

Other Dynamic map rumours are

- a dam blowing up and flooding the map ( which goes well with the speed boats )

- Cutting the power ( maybe blowing up a power station ) and making the inside of building dark.

Bf2 ammo packs / supply crates ( commander asset ) would resupply all military assets vehicle or infantry, choppers could use them and / or fly to a heli pad and hover to rearm and jets would have to do a low fly over run way to re arm. Re arming applied to the gunner as well.

Commander in bf2 could join the fight but would not get full / or no points for capping flags or killing enemys, only points for commanding and those points would double if you're team took the win ( i got MVP [gold] a lot of times playing commander ) So if it is permanent good wouldn't make a difference to a good commander as long as they keep the option they had in bf2 so you could kick vote a commander which worked well and the other thing to keep is commander is chosen via rank so if 5 ppl apply the highest ranked was chosen. ( Wasn't a issue as i was able to command a hole bunch in the early days. As long as its not OP that every one wants to command. )

Also 5 man squad makes jebus happy, i did want 6 ( maybe dice didnt have a 6th lol ) but still more in a squad makes for more squad base games and bringing commander back expecting good results.

Going into this expecting bf3.5, bf3 with extra goodies that should have been in bf3 but im cool with paying as some one once told me you pay what $18 ish for a movie for 2 hours just value you're game like that and bf3 almost 1000 hours = $9000 so umm.... ill rage over suppression or vaulting invulnerability but i can't wait.