Zenneth

Battlefield 4

I don't see why you would pre-order it this early anyway. I am planning to either wait an hour or 2 before bed the night before it goes live or even during that week. It is just not worth putting the money in early with EA games any more.

I'll pre-order. I know what I'm getting and I know what to expect upon release. But I also know I'm going to own the game one way or another so at some point between now and release I'll be ordering a boxed copy from somewhere.

That might be the case for SimCity 5 but for Battlefield 4? Fair chance 95% of members will get it just because it's Battlefield - even if the reviews are terrible.

The one thing we can be certain of in a Battlefield game is that they need to use dedicated servers.

And God help me if I ever end up eating those words...

They have a sister company, interestingly named nzgameshop.com that delivers to NZ.

Everytime I've dealt with them, they've been absolutely great, but they do post from the UK and it can take several days to arrive. Generally cheaper prices than most others though, so if you can wait, it's worth it.

I'm interested to see what specs they will be looking at. I'd like to see what the minimum is now that next gen consoles are on the cards and I'm also interested to see what a really good machine can do when running it.

Yeah, you're right. More likely the first day we'll be able to connect with be Tuesday, just as I have go go back to work and then we'll end up with a scrim that evening. Or they'll do a game update. Probably both.

From Battlelog:

DICE will be revealing even more information about Battlefield 4 at E3 2013 with a live multiplayer demo at 1 PM PDT on Monday, June 10.

Also, if you preorder on Origin you get the BF4 China Rising DLC link here: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/features/china-rising

And access to the MP Beta.

Mulitplayer, looks like squads are at 6 and sweet jesus it looks like destruction is back in full force.

Dual sights will be available in MP by the look of thing.

New commander view looks interesting but to me depends on who gets to use it and how often. Looks like you wont get points for using it so you can just camp and spam it.

Also, the thing i think i like the most, counter knifing.

Looks like sniper class gets c4 again.

Just found this on CG. It was the checklist so you could tick things off while watching the announcement. Gave me a chuckle.

nXzIXoM.jpg

Also an interesting still screen:

BnslRVD.jpg

Makes me wonder if the C building falling is a scripted event (like the tower in Caspian). Looks like voice chat is back in game too going by those icons.