Sign in to follow this  
NevilleBartos

Dayz Standalone

little update on the standalone, first half of the video is a yawn, dont know why they spent 8 minutes showing the new clothing system.. second half shows some of the new island though (Utes is now just off the coast of Chernarus), also the new loot spawning system and UI.

finished watching the walking dead series waiting on new episodes to come out and then u show me this, it's not fair i want both now!! but yeah if the hackers leave it alone (like not as much as it is currently) it will be an awesome game

Also to me it looks like it will open up a platform for other open world games, may i suggest Pokemon Open world, yeah! or even battlefield open world

I hope so, open world games are the best games. Having everything spawn server side should help with the hacking, although unless they have full control over the servers/database there will no doubt be exploits, I'm at least hopeful it wont turn into a hackfest like dayzmod is currently.

yeah that looks good. they need to sort out the hacking or I'm not even bothering again. I think the priority and effort on improving looting and clothing is not relative to the anti-hacking measures.. we will see.

yeah that looks good. they need to sort out the hacking or I'm not even bothering again. I think the priority and effort on improving looting and clothing is not relative to the anti-hacking measures.. we will see.

a lot of client side code is being shifted to server side, effectively eliminating a lot of the current hacks in play. not to say the game won't have issues, but they are seriously addressing the problem.

Update - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/top ... -building/

New building - Shipwreck (see link above for screenies)

New Animations - Arma 3 stances, negative acceleration removed.

New non lethal weapons/attack - Tazer and punching animation said to be in first alpha release.

New inventory - Items can wear out, random items may be infected when found, need disinfecting.

Class/levelling system - carrying out tasks like repairing vehicles will increase efficiency.

Alpha release - Rocket has mentioned when he gets back from everest (2 months) first alpha may be released.

Also underground bases, radios and a few other things discussed, Looking good!

Bomb jokes at a Boston event? Lucky it was a month before the attacks! Or was it...conspiracy theories engage!

Clearly they're putting a lot of work in to make it it's own game. Hope the anti-hack measures are up to scratch.

Looking great.

Glad it still pre alpha and in dev builds. Because that E3 video shows a very very crappy looking dayZ. They are heading away from the ARMA feel I think by the the look of the gameplay and that puts me off a bit. I prefer the look of the animations from the mod and from the base ARMA game (although the CQC in ARMA 3 is fantastic)

Thats the sort of dev build which they shouldnt even bother showing. the problem is they have spent so much time on DayZ that they need to show something. why didnt they just port all of ARMA 3's movement across, animations and all. I will never know.

That said, At this point for DayZ in pre alpha. Still looks better then War Z haha

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If that's what they have so far, bit disapoint with the zombie animations. They looked TERRIBLE. What is this teleporting effect they do...

Rest of it seems good, loot system looks newbie friendly and easy. But i'm still worried about soooo much loot being available now we can enter houses. Might really devalue the experience :(

Wow, my mind is at easy with how it will evolve and become a great zombie survival game.

/can't wait,

yeah I must admit the E3 vids so far have been terrible for dayZ but this interview made me feel a bit better knowing that they still have ages to go. sucks that we have to wait for ages but will be great when its done.

"Rocket just comfirmed on the DayZ forums that the project now has 25 people working on it with that figure to double in the next month.

He also confirmed that the pre-alpha is complete and full blown production is underway. "

This will be interesting Ive always wanted to experience DayZ and see what its like, its got quite a reputation to it but ill play it safe and not expect too much

Really really really excited now. Its really starting to shape up. Im glad they are taking their time now, give people like us a break from DayZ so we can get into it again when it comes out and it will be fresh and complete (hopefully) unlike Arma 3 which is still a general disappointment.