MasterShrive

Star Citizen

Another game I'm curious to know if people are looking at: https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/ Many are probably aware it's already broken all the records in terms of funding. Those who have played Freelancer or Wing Commander would know the type of game to expect and probably know the guy behind it as well. Sheldon and Andy (mates of Vulc and I and previous clan mates) have already backed it. I know Phoby was considering it as well. Release date is meant to be about November 2014, so it's still ages away, but if others were getting in on the ground floor then I may have finished enough of my game list by then to look in to it. If Rome II: Total War and CoD11 haven't taken all my time, lol.

Yeah I was just reading about that game in Atomic mag this morning during breakfast !! Looks sweet'as, I loved the old Privateer (it was kickass) but this game looks to smash all that with Multiplayer. I'm going to throw it out there... this could be an EVE killer !

Some one please look into this and tell me if its going to be as good as it sounds. I picture us as a clan owning a big space ship. Just chilling out walking around getting pissed and then bam run into a random ship all run to our fighters take off and kill and pillage the fly back and land safely. Well one or two of us the rest will crash land lol.

You also got currency so you can control parts of the universe. RtD Universal empire

That does sound epic, especially the getting pissed bit, wonder if you can fit out your ship with a bar. :hmmm:

haha yeah I been watching some vids on this game, hope it is as good as it sounds.

a clan owning a big space ship. Just chilling out walking around getting pissed and then bam run into a random ship all run to our fighters take off and kill and pillage the fly back and land safely.

THIS!

You weren't to know Jebus, but there was a topic on this from 12 months ago (so I've done a merger with it). Sheldon and Andy (two mates of Vulc and I and two ex-clannies) got me on to it, so I actually pledged last year. Can't wait for it.

The $275 Constellation looks pretty roomy lol, there is not a lot of info on the different ships, at least not in the store.

My god some of the multi ship packages cost up to $15000 haha wow.

Hey Shrives, so what is the alpha / beta access currently? Access to a hanger to see your ship, or can you actually get into space and fly around ? Any actual SP / MP ?

Just see the hanger and your ship. You can also pick up what looks like a stationary weapon which has some targets in from of it - but I couldn't get it to work. The game looks very nice, no doubt about it (and especially considering it's pre-Alpha at this stage). But no flying or action at this point.

I fired this up again today for anyone else who is interested. They now have the ability to fly a basic ship and take that in to a multiplayer dogfight. What struck me was simply how good the game looked - it was nothing short of amazing, especially given the game isn't even at full release yet. It reminds me a lot of Freelancer, and that is certainly a good thing.