MasterShrive

Star Wars *Contains Spoilers*

Also, highly recommend that people play Jedi: Fallen Order, the story is really well done. Play on Jedi Knight difficulty if you like DarkSouls, Bloodborne or Elden Ring.

Ep 4. Definitely the shortest episode (and hopefully the only shortest one) found this one to be interesting yet couldn't help but feel like it was a filler? And with 2 episodes remaining I'm hoping we get a showdown again between Vader and Kenobi.... 

17 hours ago, TheLaw said:

Ep 4. Definitely the shortest episode (and hopefully the only shortest one) found this one to be interesting yet couldn't help but feel like it was a filler? And with 2 episodes remaining I'm hoping we get a showdown again between Vader and Kenobi.... 

I was livid that is was so short!!

It was a good episode though given how much extra it showed off the Inquisition's stronghold.

God the actor for Leia is killing it though, she's the star of the show by far😂

8 hours ago, Penchamus said:

God the actor for Leia is killing it though, she's the star of the show by far😂

Shes the best actor Disney Star Wars has had!

I will not be surprised if they do a "young Liea" kind of show sometime in the future. She has been great.

Haha, stupid imperials.

These are the same guys who didn't fire on an escape pod because it didn't have any signs of life.

On 6/11/2022 at 3:49 PM, TheLaw said:

286979138_1246632032408430_8513533234911

NGL that scene had me howling... like it didnt make sense at all. 

Yeah its this type of stuff that just kills it for me with Disney. Like what were the writers thinking here? Seriously couldn't come up with something better? How much are they getting paid? Maybe if he was using some kind of mind trick maybe but clearly isn't with his troubles with the force. 

Was the same crap with the Leia chase scene.

Edited by Noods

At least the writing is consistent with the empire. They're incompetent and overconfident. Except in Rogue One - the empire there seemed a lot more deadly.

Soooooooooo thoughts? I got so excited when THAT flashback happened, loved seeing the flashbacks to Order 66 and Vader slaughtering younglings... Glad that the GI finally decided to show up.... also the showdown between Reva and Vader was awesome!!! My question is tho how is Reva able to survive that yet Qui Gon doesn't?!  Also is Reva going after Luke now? 

Just finished watching. That was fantastic. The duel with Vader was great. We are definitely not getting a conclusion next episode. L

I also really enjoyed the flashback. I'm sure they enjoyed filming that too. Although I don't know if the de-aging was quite right. 

Yeah for a high-budget company the de-aging felt a little weak. Other than that no major complaints. 

On 15/06/2022 at 10:35 PM, MasterShrive said:

Just finished watching. That was fantastic. The duel with Vader was great. We are definitely not getting a conclusion next episode. L

I also really enjoyed the flashback. I'm sure they enjoyed filming that too. Although I don't know if the de-aging was quite right. 

I honestly don't know if it was bad CGI or no CGI and just make up? Either way it seemed out of place given how well they've done young Leia (Rogue One) and Tarkin previously 

2 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

I thought it was maybe just around Anakin's eyes. Not a deal breaker though. Happy to see further flashbacks.

Yeah it was like they missed that spot somehow? I'm sure if you watch the episode again in a weeks time they'll have fixed it up and "patched" into the episode 😅

On 15/06/2022 at 6:09 PM, TheLaw said:

Also is Reva going after Luke now? 

That wouldn't fit into the originals. It would totally upset the fanbase and the chain of events. Luke knows nothing but farming and rumours of the Jedi. Obi-Wan and Leia, yeah that kind of screws events up in ANH but with Luke that's a huge no-no. Reva could go back to Tatooine and shack up with Obi-Wan - maybe get that training montage we're missing.

Vader is bad ass, didn't even take his light sabre out. Reva was basically nothing to him, oof. Pulling ships from the sky, tearing them up!

Notice the flashbacks that Obi-Wan tells him he's still the Padawan with how he fights/thinks. Still fights and thinks like that even now, so the parallels are there with how it fits into ANH and his whole line about being the master. Nice flashback.

I'm pleasantly surprised how they wrapped up the season finale, I thought it would be a rushed mess but it was actually alright 😂

If Disney could just fix up some of the terrible writing then this series would have been awesome instead of just good.

Last episode knocked it out of the park and didn't mess up to much in ANH. But some of the other episodes just had some god damn stupid stuff in it! 

In saying that it's probably still the best series overall Disney have done so far imo.  Almost had a tear in my eye when Kenobi was telling Leia about her Parents.  Fight scene was much better this time around even though still feel it still shouldn't have happened. Maybe that flashback kind of smooths it out a little but still sits uneasy with me.

They fixed a few plot holes in this last episode too!

Kenobi calling him Darth. Kind of backs up my justification that Kenobi was just being sarcastic in ANH when he calls him Darth and tidy's up that small plot hole.

Also worked around Leia's message to Kenobi in ANH where it appears she doesn't know him by having him tell her know one must know they've met.

Also liked Vader telling Kenobi that it was he that killed Anakin and not Kenobi. Again tidy's up Kenobi telling Luke that Vader killed Anakin in ANH and "the whole the truths we cling to" retcon in ROTJ.  At least it shows they've taken some notice of the Orginals and trying to work into them.    

Edited by Noods

9 hours ago, Noods said:

If Disney could just fix up some of the terrible writing then this series would have been awesome instead of just good.

I've always struggled with this as well but I don't know if it's a Disney problem or an overall Star Wars problem that Disney has exacerbated?

The quickest example that comes to my mind is the Clone Wars animated series. Whilst it's very good at fleshing out a lot of the wider universe and story for the Clone Wars, there was a loooooot of silly shit in that show.