MasterShrive

Star Wars *Contains Spoilers*

The naming scheme for that series was horrible... And if memory serves me right, it was Jedi Academy that was played

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

1 hour ago, MiniSanders said:

The naming scheme for that series was horrible... And if memory serves me right, it was Jedi Academy that was played

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Lol, so true. I have to go back and google any of them each time it's brought up.

Ah nice. Academy was a good improvement over Outcast IIRC. Sabre styles and double edge, IIRC.

I feel so nostalgic thinking of them. I've got fond memories of playing them during the summer and it feels like I'm back there now. Oof 

Edited by Phobos

On 12/30/2021 at 10:01 AM, MiniSanders said:

Yeah but KOTOR is better than all 9 movies combined... 

None of the Star Wars movies are "great"

Definitely agree, they're like Marvel movies, not great films but good experiences in their own entertainment right!

On 12/30/2021 at 4:26 PM, Phobos said:

Jedi Knight series > KOTOR series.

and Rogue One is the greatest :P

Might start Fett tonight or at least this week, Shrivey. Very keen to see how it goes.

Rogue One is for sure one of the best Star Wars films by a long mile. The last scene is so fucking goooood 😂

Spoilers below for Book of Bota Fett:

Spoiler

I've just finished watching it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I only started it last week, so I'm glad I waited until all the episodes were actually out. That said, I thought there was eight, not seven, so I wasn't really ready for the ending either.

I copped a few minor spoilers online by waiting, but nothing important. I can't really see where people could be complaining; I thought it crossed over well with a number of different characters and overall just had fun with the franchise.

Definitely looking forward to Kenobi. That could be huge.

I knew the Mods looked familiar but it was buried deep in my subconscious. Until I saw this pic of Jeremy....finally clicked. Lol.

qb86nxfbbgj81.png  

Edited by Phobos

1 hour ago, MasterShrive said:

Who's watched Kenobi episodes one and two?

Spoilers allowed.

I have, loved every minute of it. I have one gripe tho..... Why kill the grand inquisitor in the second episode? I know a lot of rebel fans are going to be pissed. 

19 minutes ago, TheLaw said:

I have, loved every minute of it. I have one gripe tho..... Why kill the grand inquisitor in the second episode? I know a lot of rebel fans are going to be pissed. 

I suppose it will create the excuse for the "real big bag" to come in; but that did surprise me too.

On 5/29/2022 at 5:53 PM, MasterShrive said:

I suppose it will create the excuse for the "real big bag" to come in; but that did surprise me too.

Actually found out that the species the grand inquisitor is, have two stomachs... so the running theory at the moment is that he is alive, and just needs a soaking in the bacta tank for a few hours lol i believe its in one of these videos that old mate explains it. 

Enjoying it so far.

Obi-Wan giving money to that 501st clone trooper, amazing. So much to digest from that 5 seconds interaction.

Holy shit.... Vader is dark and brutal! I'm glad they aren't afraid of showing how brutal he can be... didn't expect to see a kid get his neck snapped.. Also enjoyed the heck outta the Vader vs Obi Wan, fingers crossed we get another dual between the two.

Oh, ep 3 is out already!! :o Lol, I was reading your post Law, thinking I was a sleep during the first two eps??

Just realised, it's 6 episodes a season! :(

This post on reddit is interesting to think of, time line wise: https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/v1uaqg/maul_and_kenobis_second_duel_takes_place_2_years/

Yeah I didn't realise ep 3 was out yesterday either! Fortunately Aussie let me know, so I soon abandoned everyone on PUBG to get it done.

Two things so far from the series.

I'm worried about the meaning of dialogue changing in the OT now. Liea's line to Obi-Wan via R2D2 still works well enough.

But the one I'm worried about is Vader's line where he says to Obi: "I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master."

Well now that last meeting has changed, and will likely change again before the series is out. I trust they've thought of this, but currently it doesn't sit as well.

I did enjoy the dual though. I suspect we'll Obi-Wan reconnect with the force, and maybe end up with some training from Qui-Gon. This might get him back on the same level for one more dual.

Perhaps his injuries will see him change lightsaber style as well to one with less movement - ie, how he fights Maul and Vader in the future.

12 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

I did enjoy the dual though. I suspect we'll Obi-Wan reconnect with the force, and maybe end up with some training from Qui-Gon. This might get him back on the same level for one more dual.

Perhaps his injuries will see him change lightsaber style as well to one with less movement - ie, how he fights Maul and Vader in the future.

Yeah, he'll have to get "back on the horse" in time for the Maul duel. I'm sure he'll face off with Vader again though. Did they say how many seasons this is planned to be?

11 hours ago, Phobos said:

Yeah, he'll have to get "back on the horse" in time for the Maul duel. I'm sure he'll face off with Vader again though. Did they say how many seasons this is planned to be?

I believe this is a one off. Six eps only.

Which is a shame, because man it'll be making Disney a huge amount of money.

Wow, just one season. Genuinely flabbergasted.

My knee jerk reaction is they'll have to rush from here on out to cover key points until ANH. But if I think about it, they only have to really cover; recovery from his burns and seeing the resistance at Jiimba(?), falling back into the force, possibly connecting with Qui-Gon, rocky montage of training, possible duel #2 with Vader and then sit around waiting for Maul. Not a lot, really? Yeah, one season sounds about right. Sadly.

Edited by Phobos

On 6/2/2022 at 9:44 AM, MasterShrive said:

Yeah I didn't realise ep 3 was out yesterday either! Fortunately Aussie let me know, so I soon abandoned everyone on PUBG to get it done.

Two things so far from the series.

I'm worried about the meaning of dialogue changing in the OT now. Liea's line to Obi-Wan via R2D2 still works well enough.

But the one I'm worried about is Vader's line where he says to Obi: "I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master."

Well now that last meeting has changed, and will likely change again before the series is out. I trust they've thought of this, but currently it doesn't sit as well.

First thing I thought when that fight took place. I don't see how they work around it. Actually really pissed me off lol. Did these writers even watch the Original Trilogy? That's one of the all time classic star wars lines!!! Well wasn't like everything else hasn't created plot holes with the OT so carry on I guess.

The fight between Vader and Kenobi, (which should't have happen) seemed pretty poorly done IMO. Seemed like they were trying to justify why the fight in ANH was so slowpaced. I know Kenobi is meant to be finding the force again but something about it felt off. And then Vader kind of just lets him go. 

Apart from that I've been enjoying it.  

Nailed the actor for Leia. You can really see  her growing into the  Princess Leia we knew from the OT. 

Love the Inquisitors. They were a really big part of Rebels and Jedi The Fallen Order game which has one of the best Star Wars stories. Hope they incorporate that into some live action somewhere down the track.  

Also MAYBE SPOILERS to those who haven't seen Rebels

Spoiler

The Grand Inquisitor is a main character and dies in Rebels which happens after Kenobi as far as I'm aware so pretty sure he ain't ded. Unless they do some clone kinda work around  or its actually a different character but same species but they still called the grand inquisitor.

Also good to see the forum back from the dead :)

Edited by Noods

21 hours ago, Phobos said:

Wow, just one season. Genuinely flabbergasted.

My knee jerk reaction is they'll have to rush from here on out to cover key points until ANH. But if I think about it, they only have to really cover; recovery from his burns and seeing the resistance at Jiimba(?), falling back into the force, possibly connecting with Qui-Gon, rocky montage of training, possible duel #2 with Vader and then sit around waiting for Maul. Not a lot, really? Yeah, one season sounds about right. Sadly.

Hold on to your butts

https://thedirect.com/article/obi-wan-kenobi-season-2-disney-plus-development

I think the hardest thing about doing a second season would be nailing down Ewan McGregor for enough episodes, I'm not sure he acts as much as he used to nowadays and must like having a relatively chill life.

Also agree with Noods regarding the Leia casting, her acting coach has done a phenomenal job making her Leia!

Also yeah the Grand Inquisitor definitely isn't dead, Rebels happens a few years after this so he'll be back and will probably murder Reva/Third Sister for what she did :P