MasterShrive

Star Wars *Contains Spoilers*

Oh God. I'm worried this isn't a joke: http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/321320 ... -wars.aspx

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney- ... asfilm-ltd

And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_7

This is going to likely ruin most of the novels written. Not to mention ruin my blu ray collection that I finally went out and bought. I am not sure this is a good thing.

I just hope they respect the EU. Otherwise, I'll not really like it.

From someone who was never a die hard fan i'm excited to see what a Lucas free starwars movie will be like.

I just hope they respect the EU. Otherwise, I'll not really like it.

From someone who was never a die hard fan i'm excited to see what a Lucas free starwars movie will be like.

Lucas actually wasn't too bad with the EU when making Eps I-III. Because writers weren't allowed to use this period in the timeline before the movies came out, there wasn't anything much to contradict, and he also took other things from the EU (such as Coruscant) and used them in the movies. That isn't to say he didn't completely ignore other sections of the EU - hell, even ignored some cannon set from his previous movies, lol. But now, the period of time these films is going to be set in, already have numerous novels and stories and characters... and I fear all of this will be forgotten or ignored.

Obviously Episode V wasn't "Lucas free", but it is the movie he had the least input into and many fans consider it the best of the six... so from that point of view it could be a good sign.

But I'm really not sure I like this. Don't get me wrong, I think the Star Wars universe has huge potential for stories of a very high quality. The problem, for me, is that many, many of these stories already exist in written form and I'll be very, very annoyed if they just go and crap all over the novels because it doesn't sit with their vision for the next trilogy.

If there were no books then I would be interested, but like Harry Potter, as much as I enjoy the lore and as much as I would enjoy reading more, some things are just better left. I've always considered the movies about the fall and redemption of one man... but this is likely going to change that.

To be honest, I'm still hoping this is a well played joke.

Well I've changed my tune in the three years since this thread was made (has it really been that long?). I figured I'd give it a bump, as we're going to need somewhere to discuss the sequel trilogy, as well as any spinoff movies and possible cartoons or TV shows. Not long now :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooope, not watching it. Stop ruining it for me!

That international trailer was good, watched it this morning! Im getting uber keen to see 7! 

That international trailer was good, watched it this morning! Im getting uber keen to see 7! 

I was uber keen when the first teaser came out and it's been growing ever since.

I was uber keen when the first teaser came out and it's been growing ever since.

Now that i think about it, i was keen after seeing teaser! 

I really hope it doesn't bomb, after all this hype I don't want to be disappointed. Thinking of it, Phoby's choice of not watching trailers and the like might have been the best course.

I really hope it doesn't bomb, after all this hype I don't want to be disappointed. Thinking of it, Phoby's choice of not watching trailers and the like might have been the best course.

I hope so too. I try not to watch trailers anymore than I have to. I'm enjoying going in some what fresh.

Most of the cinemas in Melbourne are pretty much booked out already for the opening few days. Crazy amount of hype.. Got my tickets for Saturday!

We managed to get 3am tickets on the release morning at IMAX in Melbourne :)

Thanks for the invite!

...Shall we meet at Munich for pre-beers?