Sign in to follow this  
MasterShrive

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Purchasing and Competing

So I'm curious to make a list of people who are actually purchasing BO2. Add your name to the list below if you are getting it, or you could put a ? after your name if you're considering it.

Confirmed:

MasterShrive

SgtRamsay

Based on this I'm then also curious to see if we should be getting a server and whether this is something people might want to compete in. I'm not fussed either way, especially with BF3 still going strong, but probably a good to start some discussion.

Yep, I'll be grabbing it.

Could be a good change of pace from BF3, and if the game plays well enough, competing could be an option if there is enough interest.

Yeah, I wouldn't envisage anything on the competitive side until the new year, which is about our normal process. But we don't have to count it out, and if enough members were to get it then we should probably look in to a server for recruiting, training and social purposes.

Also, I feel I should quote the following for completeness:

will it have a new engine? NO

So f*** no.

(if it does, please forgive me, I didn't bother researching it)

From here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1941&start=45

aahahahahahahah.

I stand by that original statement, as it was clearly made with a just and sober mind. but I'll get it and play it anyway :D

In other news, the past comes back and bites awesome square on the arse.

In awesome defence, that was a time when everyone was still really into bf3. I too am starting to feel the ware of bf3.

ill be getting the game and hope to get back into some clan action as my bf3 days have come to an end

on a different no where can you pre purchase online i havnt seen this come up in steam? and only seen it in eb games

Steam have it but I wouldn't go through steam as it cost more than retail atm.. I just pre ordered mine from jb for 89$ and I get a t shirt

As with everything I'll wait and see how it goes (Hey! It worked with MW3!).

If we seriously get into it then I'll reluctantly climb onto the bandwagon.

F*** No, F***No, sprinkled with some more F*** NO, layered in smotherings of more F*** NO, encased in some fantastic F*** No. Sliced to the delicate touches of F*** NO and licked to the tune of the F*** NO song.

Treyarch can fuck off. Useless bunch of time wasting joe hop jim bad turd munching wankers.

Not really after a full bashing of the game nor the company, just working out if people may play it, especially IF this was the direction the clan started to take next year.

Well I have no quarrels if RtD wishes to move into BO2, but you won't see me on the MP or playing "competitively" if that is even what you'd call competitive.

Anybody that knows me well knows how much I hate what CoD has become and will therefore NEVER spend a dime with any CoD developer EVER and I haven't since CoD 4.

Although I MIGHT download it for the SP, but unlikely cause BO's SP sucked ass too.

I enjoy the SP and the MP, if there are dedicated servers. I don't care what others think, as long as they respect my right to a view as well and don't go overboard when either agreeing or disagreeing. We can all hark back for the good old days, but we all know we'll never see those times again either. To be honest, I see no real difference in the MP of CoD since (and including) CoD4, competitive or otherwise. Each game has been missing features, but ultimately we've just had to deal with those facts. Lack of mods helped kill off some games, but we've now slowly moved beyond relying on mods to run things, which is why we're playing BF3 on stock settings. In that regard, the support for competition is no better or worse for CoD compared to BF3, in my experience.

It's worth noting that this time three years ago we all thought MW2 was going to be the next big thing and that failed badly, so at this point we really have no idea of what to expect. I'm not sure if they've announced server details yet or not, so it may turn out this game isn't even an option for the clan. But it's better to start the ball rolling now to see what people are thinking.