MasterShrive

YouTube Video Thread - Part 2

Don't think it's worth the watch then Phoby? Did explain the technology behind Bitcoin?

Nah, I stopped after the 3rd one or so. Search for another proper doc on bitcoin imo.

The Rome one is ace. The Greek one too.

I should post up all the videos I'm thinking about watching and then you can tell me if they're worth it.

I've found the Greek one too - took a bit though given almost all of that channel is not English, lol.

It was my grandfathers funeral today... and this is a car he modified himself based off a 1926 Dodge.

It was awesome to see it out for one last drive today.

Sorry for your loss Mini.

I think we can giggle at any OH&S people watching would have a heart attack. A very whacky mobile indeed. Any more info about it?

10 minutes ago, Phobos said:

I think we can giggle at any OH&S people watching would have a heart attack. A very whacky mobile indeed. Any more info about it?

It was built for Moomba back in the 70's I think. Actually won "Best Custom Entry" 9 times and was invited back to the 50th anniversary of Moomba a few years back

The propeller on top is a full size one from a plane, and is actually running off a secondary vertical diff in the back tray.

The back firing is intentional and there is actually a lever on the dash that allows the driver to cause it, oil is also pumped onto the exhaust to cause "some" of the smoke coming out the back, and he bubbles out the front are coming from the same water used to "cool" the engine

As far as I know he slowly built it over a few years, not sure though. He was a qualified mechanic for years, so this was a pet project.

Oh and OH&S be damned :P

Motion Designer Christian Stangl and his brother, composer Wolfgang Stangl, just created one of the most beautiful odes to space exploration we’ve seen… and they did it without ever taking a single photograph. Every photo in their tribute was pulled from NASA’s Project Apollo Archive.

Stangl came up with the idea after stumbling across the archive. He was struck by how many incredible photographs the Apollo astronauts had taken.

“The whole film is based on the photos which NASA released in September 2015: The Project Apollo Archive”. “I was fascinated by the amount and the quality of the Pictures. They were thousands of that beautiful high-res photographies made by the famous Hasselblad-Moon camera. When I looked at the Archive, I knew immediately that I want to make a film with these photos!”

And so he did. Using panoramic stitching and stop motion sequences, Christian created what is essentially an animated collage.

I unsubscribed from Levelcap today and I have a sudden urge to tell everyone about it! In the aftermath I feel more at peace! Should have done it a long time ago. 

So lately before close at work, ive been taking over the tunes.... and ive been playing this a fair bit... its pretty catchy if you ask me. 

Thought I'd post this here. There was some discussion a while ago regarding the NH-D15 vs AIO's, and Steve has just put out a video while overclocking the 8600K.

In terms of the Marvel TV shows, I'm still only at the end of Season 1 of Daredevil :( But I'm keen to watch all the others at some point.

Jurassic World looks cool too.