Sign in to follow this  
MasterShrive

Rome II: Total War

Anyone a fan of the franchise will be very excited by this news: http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/307394 ... -year.aspx

I can't wait, and it will manage to find some play time without a doubt. I skipped Shogun II, but I'll certainly be getting my hands on this.

The trailer doesn't give much away at this stage. Reminds me of the Rome TV series actually.

"The game is set to have a larger campaign map than Rome: Total War, and apart from encompassing the extent of the Roman Empire and its environs, will feature new territories "going further East". A new graphics engine will power the visuals of the game, and new unit cameras will allow players to focus on individual soldiers in the battlefield, which in itself may contain thousands of combatants at a time."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome_2_Total_War

shut-up-and-take-my-money-fry-494.jpg

DO WANT.

Although, I don't like that the trailer (was it really a game trailer?) was live action...

That said, I do like that they're trying to encompass the battle from a single soldiers point of view. I did always like watching the enemy as they were bombarded by my cannons from long range :evil:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the 1v1 battles in the open field. Problem is I get so court up watching that I forget to command the rest of the army :?.

About time!! cant wait for this one- Rome total war being the best total war game in the franchise in my opinion will have to keep a look out for this for sure !!

Ah yeash total war... Got a big place in my heart as when i just starting laning it up at uni diablo2 and shogun total war were massive where we were... Cod???? Pssshhh. Good times. Rome was a friggin awesome edition too. I did pick up shogun 2, due to nostalgia. Ill pick rome eventually but not before im done with Shogun. Pretty excited nonetheless

I skipped Shogun as I hadn't played the original and I've still not put as much time in to Napoleon as I would have liked. Rome II is definitely going on pre-order for me though.

Nath found this:

It's looking pretty bloody good I think. A shame there's no release until this time next year, but hopefully that means there'll be plenty of quality behind the game.

So it's now available on Steam to preorder for $59.99.

If you preorder you get the "Greek States Culture Pack" (catchy, I know), which gives you three new playable Factions, Athens, Epirus and Sparta.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212301/

I'm looking forward to this now, it's scheduled to come out September this year.

From a video I watched a while back, the developers were focused on making sure it could run on lower end machines too.

From what I remember, they were saying it would have similar minimum specs to Empire: Total War.

I really want to play this game but I'm afraid it will break my CPU or graphics card :(

This is the game I'm doing my build for. You can buy my current machine if you like :D.

Haha. Since I've put it to SATA II I've actually had no issues (well except for a virus, but I can't blame that on the cache). Very strange I know.

With all the shitty cache drive nonsense, no thank you :P

Hey hey hey hey, I've got the same drive (albeit 64GB model) and have had no problems! :cool: Blame him for not reformatting and using the same image for a decade.