Sign in to follow this  
Blueberry

Assassins Creed 3

This should be fun, I haven't really played much of the other games MP (since I got them ages after release).

Next official game, eh? Eh?

Whoah! How the heck can they possibly do that?

On another note, I've got the PS Vita version, Assassin's Creed Liberations on pre-order, and it should arrive next week sometime.

Will let you know how it goes.

Different story completely.

Set in roughly the same period, but with another hero.

Instead of Connor, we get Aveline, but it is still set in New Orleans:

Aveline and Connor will meet in Liberations, but Aveline will not be in Assassin's Creed 3.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/18/assassins-creed-iii-liberation-story-trailer

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_III:_Liberation

Yeah, I hope it goes well too.

It is one of the main reasons I ended up getting a Vita, so I certainly hope that Devs recognise the potential and continue to make seperate games for it, rather than just shitty ports.

EDIT: Just noticed that Steam has the Assassin's Creed series on sale today, 75% off all titles.

Played a solid 4 or so hours of this today. I think the prologue-first 3 sequences where you are not actually playing as conor, the new guy, were repetitive and to be honest boring. To much of the same. So many bugs in this game, expects you to know so many things that the game never tells you. Combat is clunkier then ever, especially with the introduction of guns.

It is getting praise for its a graphics, but these people obviulsy only play console. I think ac2 maxed out on pc looiks better then ac3 bar movement. Also, i think the frame rate is 30, not 60. I think when you get around to playing it, the pc is the superior version (just a theory).

When i finally got into the shoes of the new guy i was having a lot more fun. Did an excellent job with the tree traversal, feels so natural. Also made a slight change to all parkour, but makes bounds of difference. Instead of holding two buttons (r1+x on ps3) to free run you only hold down 1 (r1) for "safe traversal" this means you will never take a jump or move that will result in damage (so no more jumping into oblivion because the games controls thought you were aiming for that empty cliff side. There is still the combo button hold down, which will give you faster jumps and climbs and such, but your risk jumping to your doom.

When i finally got into the shoes of the new guy i was having a lot more fun. Did an excellent job with the tree traversal, feels so natural. Also made a slight change to all parkour, but makes bounds of difference. Instead of holding two buttons (r1+x on ps3) to free run you only hold down 1 (r1) for "safe traversal" this means you will never take a jump or move that will result in damage (so no more jumping into oblivion because the games controls thought you were aiming for that empty cliff side. There is still the combo button hold down, which will give you faster jumps and climbs and such, but your risk jumping to your doom.

I look forward to the PC version, but this safe travesal sounds AMAZING.

Especially using WASD to control it, there will be no more random leaps.

Glad to know i was not alone in not enjoying the first part. Just read a few reviews they all say the same thing. "very slow and boring start but necessary for the story"

Well I've just finished Revelations (I know, it took me a while, but now I'm only one game behind again, lol). I really enjoyed it and found Constantinople a very good setting (although not as strong as Rome). I liked the flash backs to Altiar and thought that was very well done, especially given the first game is still one of my favourite settings. I also still found the story interesting, and ultimately it lived up to its title.

Now I'm just waiting to see what I want to play next. I could start AC3 - but I'm thinking I might have a break and instead go across to Mass Effect and give that a try instead. That said, Revelations did end in a way that could still have me hooked (although I assume AC3 ends on a cliffhanger as well so I'd prefer to stay one game behind if that is the case).

Finally, I had access to some other memory in the main menu - is it worthwhile at all? I can't remember what it is called.

This one is the one to get disappointed at. It might be too much to play this one after revelation. You probably need a break and then you can weigh on on teh me3 talk.

so does this one seem worth it? i haven't bothered to play an assassins creed since the first Etsio game. (so two?). While they are kind of fun, i always found the missions a little repetitive

I have found them less repetitive with Brotherhood and Revelations (the next two after ACII). However, I've also rushed them a bit more as well and so haven't got as caught up in the side quests.

Brotherhood is the best, and worth a play. Imo revelations depends on how much you lime the gameplay. If you can't get enoughthen play it, if bnot just read the wiki for the story points.

Ac3 is mediocre, often nears itself to being deemed a bad game. Ac4 will be the first aAC game I will not be buying day one beckon how much I disliked 3.

3 is a though one because it has introduces so many new things, but the only ones that was worth a dam are the naval battles and the tree parlour. It is the worst in the series but Idk if it is a skip.

Sounds impressive. I'd better hurry up and work through Brotherhood and Revelations. Safe to say I am getting behind.

So, two and a half years later, I've finally finished AC3.

I'm not going to bother with spoiler tags because I'm going to assume everyone else is already well ahead of me.

I did find this the buggiest release to date (although obviously I haven't played Unity). Just little things to do with movement, for example, that didn't quite flow right. However, I think a lot of that came from the new outdoors environment, which on the whole I thought they did pretty well.

I really enjoyed the start with a different place and time period. I was really enjoying playing as an Assassin with an English accent, although I thought something was out because I vaguely remembered people mentioning playing as a Native Indian. I figured Kenway and the Indian chick were going to hook up soon enough, but I couldn't work out where it was leading. As they started to talk about putting Charles into the "order" I thought something started to look a bit dark and suspicious. Then when he pulled out a ring, I thought "that's not right, shouldn't you be chopping off a finger, not putting something on it?!" Well played on the old switcheroo their Ubisoft. After that little reveal I really wasn't sure how I felt about Kenway any more, which was a real shame as I liked being an English Assassin. And it didn't take long for the Charles storyline to progress either along evil lines, with poor old mum going up in flames.

I though the father/son story and the Charles entanglement all worked quite well, and probably provided for a higher quality storyline than I was expecting. it seemed to provide decent motivation for Connor, while at the same time giving a good backdrop to overall "real world" story.

From a mechanics point of view, I was impressed with a few little things, such as tracks through the snow and the animals about the place (although I didn't really bother with the hunting side of things nor many of the side missions due to time). The controls can still be tricky at times though, and I still found myself climbing walls or jumping off things when I didn't intend to (however, reading other comments in this tread, perhaps I was just using the controls wrong).

My first boating experience was pretty good and I dare say that only gets better in Black Flag. An interesting new mechanic, but I didn't spend much time with it as I wanted to move through the story.

Controlling a horse is about the same as previous games. However, trying to ride through rocky outdoor terrain proved to be tricky. So did climbing trees, especially the lookouts - not a bad novelty, but it soon wore off when I kept falling out trying to get to the next branch.

I really liked how the game's events interacted with the American War for Independence. Very clever and up to the usual level I would expect from Assassin's Creed. It also gave me a lot more knowledge of events and characters from those times, as that's not usually an area of history I focus on.

The final ending was interesting, although I knew Desmond snuffed it as one of my Year 12 students told me as much just after the game was released two years ago. I'm interested to see how this plays out in Black Flag though.

Next I plan to play Liberation and then move on to Black Flag after that. But as we're all well aware, I want to get on to Mass Effect and the likes at some point as well. All in good time.

I think that Hyatham was a promising character but connor was soooo boring. Bugs yes, but i hated "strait line" way the missions were done.

You got through the worst though, now you have the best (in my opinion) left. Black Flag is the best but i would allow someone to argue 2. 

Did anyone play the Washington DLC for this? I picked it up pretty cheap the other week and as it only took a couple of hours to play through I thought I'd give it a go. I didn't mind it, for something a bit different. It's something else crossed off the list.