RallyMan

Mass Effect 3

Been playing a few hours of it tonight. I agree with what Vulc said about the cutscenes, and at first they did annoy me. But now I'm used to it and already invested in the story, I don't notice it anymore.

The graphics certainly aren't great, but with the story, I don't care. It could be 8-bit, and it still wouldn't matter.

^this.

starting to look rather nice now. they must have rushed the intro imho

I agree, either the game gets better as it continues, or the intro was just horribly rushed.

Also, who the f**k is James? 10 hours in, and I still barely know him, even though I take him along on almost every mission...

so im managing to crawl through the game with my new mouse and 4 buttons on my left hand (mmmmm endone).

i agree the intro/start was very poor and straight from the demo.

i was really hoping for a great movie cinematic at first load but alas got the mass effect screen so felt abit let down.

i also dont like that things have changed in game even though i specifically picked different options in 1 and 2

i.e i had anderson on the council but udina is now there with no explanation.

i didnt even get a kiss from my romance interest that i was faithful to in 1 and 2 when we met. would some :boobs: kill you.... lol

other than that liking the game but really dissapointed in lack of back story from the missing 6 months.

also had a glitch where the game kept reseting my abilites on re load and twice it did the whole convertsation without me pressing a single option making me have to reload as i didnt like what got picked.

so a few glitches to work out but still very good so far

My copy arrived today however my dads 50th is 2morrow so i doubt i will get a chance to play it with the setting up, party and then cleaning. Take no offence if i ignore this thread out of jealousy.

Rally,

Udina has to to be on the council for a reason, which is explained later on. Personally (being FemShep) I romanced Garrus, and so far I like they way it's being handled.

Trust me, it's a case of: Keep playing it DOES get better. I'm now about 14 hours into it.

dont mind the reasoning but should be explained at start why the swap.

im playing fem shep as well. always been an asari fan myself:wub:

ps love that evening gown out fit :shock1:

<-- femshep. faithful to liara (wow she looks good in me3)...kinda (bonked jacob, broke up, romanced kelly (hot!) but somehow liara still loves me hah!).

love how shes all infobroker/gunslinger/agent now :D still too early to tell, but looks like it might be hard getting on intimate terms again.

That's it, I just finished the game.

I'm not going to say a word, because it's only fair that you get to experience it with no spoilers.

Overall, it was actually a great game. I know it's going to win awards and get all sorts of merits, but it deserves it.

Well, with me mostly rushing through the main story, it's taken 18 hours. There is still HEAPS left to go back and do now.

so imma use spoilers since blue apparently hasn't started the game yet. I suspect that not much of this is actually spoilers.

[edit] Tried to nest spoilers and failed. Most definitely legit spoiler in the tag now

I'm not really sure how far the gap is between me2 and me1. But for that time Shepard was grounded and in holding. James as far as i can tell was the marine in charge of your sentence. Basically your prison guard. thus the connection the two have, despite it not being explained (this may have been in some ME2 DLC. like all of the shadow broker stuff was.)

and yeah, does ash ever warm up to you? romanced her in one, stayed faithful in two (had a thing with jack, but chose the lets keep this casual option). can't even get a bit of a handhold out of her.

Also fairly pissed about the whole Udina thing, since i made Anderson the councilor. Obviously with anderson leading the resistance on earth udina was going to be the new councillor. But a throwaway line about his sudden promotion from shepard would have been nice. Since my shepard absolutely hates him

My shepard is about 99% paragon. Still couldn't resist shooting the little shit in that cutscene

This is gonna have to stay in spoilers unfortunately:

The gap between ME1 and ME3 is stated to be about 3 years, so the gap between ME1 and ME2 can't have been very long. As far as I'm aware (I haven't actually played the DLC) James isn't introduced. The last DLC involved destroying a Batarian system to slow the Reapers down.

What annoyed me was that in the journal there was no file on him. Not only did they not introduce him to me, they couldn't give me any info on him at all. Even at the end of the game I barely knew anything about him. Having said that, I suppose I could have talked to him more.

Yes, Ash does warm up to you eventually. I don't know how the romance will play out with her, but as long as after most priority missions you go down and have a chat with her, I think it'll work out fine.

Personally, I liked the way they handled the relationships. As I said, I was FemShep and I romanced Garrus throughout ME2 and ME3. There were some really beautiful and tender moments in there.

I chose Udina as the councilor anyway, so I didn't notice it. That said, I shot his stupid ass the second I could. Probably the only renegade option I chose throughout the entire game.

anyone been playing online co op?

very weird you have to play online to unlock your galaxy at war points for single player.

i get they want you online but given these points i believe changes your ending its pretty bullshit

They don't really change your ending.

It's entirely optional. You can still achieve the best ending, you just have to put a bit more work in.

my plan.

1. play through sp

2. coop

3. 2nd playthrough (see below)

does keeping the collector ship in me2 mean you stay with cerberus?

This is gonna have to stay in spoilers unfortunately:

The gap between ME1 and ME3 is stated to be about 3 years, so the gap between ME1 and ME2 can't have been very long. As far as I'm aware (I haven't actually played the DLC) James isn't introduced. The last DLC involved destroying a Batarian system to slow the Reapers down.

What annoyed me was that in the journal there was no file on him. Not only did they not introduce him to me, they couldn't give me any info on him at all. Even at the end of the game I barely knew anything about him. Having said that, I suppose I could have talked to him more.

Yes, Ash does warm up to you eventually. I don't know how the romance will play out with her, but as long as after most priority missions you go down and have a chat with her, I think it'll work out fine.

Personally, I liked the way they handled the relationships. As I said, I was FemShep and I romanced Garrus throughout ME2 and ME3. There were some really beautiful and tender moments in there.

I chose Udina as the councilor anyway, so I didn't notice it. That said, I shot his stupid ass the second I could. Probably the only renegade option I chose throughout the entire game.

gap between me2 and me3 is 6 months

and if my memory serves me right, you are out for the count for 2yrs between me1 and me2

yeah. Ceberus takes 2 years to rebuild you. though i'm not sure how long you have been running missions before the collector ship and all that.

Re James etc, i think ship has been grounded for 6 months at the start of Me3. seem to remember it being mentioned in a random cutscene. Apparently one of the DLCs for me2 deals with shep actually returning the Normandy to alliance control (probably while slapping the illusive man in the face). Presumably james first appeared in that.

As for ash, she did eventually warm up to me, and i have the achievement involved with forming a relationship etc. Still didn't like how it was handled, seemed every single conversation i had with her was "i don't know you anymore skip, cerburus did stuff" "Ash i was never with cerberus" "awkward pause".

obv. there was some character specific stuff i wont mention, though even more annoyingly now that we are together i talk to her even less. Can;t even enter into the default investigate/goodbye screen you get with all the other squadmates.

Re James etc, i think ship has been grounded for 6 months at the start of Me3. seem to remember it being mentioned in a random cutscene. Apparently one of the DLCs for me2 deals with shep actually returning the Normandy to alliance control (probably while slapping the illusive man in the face). Presumably james first appeared in that.

As for ash, she did eventually warm up to me, and i have the achievement involved with forming a relationship etc. Still didn't like how it was handled, seemed every single conversation i had with her was "i don't know you anymore skip, cerburus did stuff" "Ash i was never with cerberus" "awkward pause".

obv. there was some character specific stuff i wont mention, though even more annoyingly now that we are together i talk to her even less. Can;t even enter into the default investigate/goodbye screen you get with all the other squadmates.

re: ash/kaidan

i killed off ash (she threatened wrex!!!). similar dialog it seems for kaidan but you work it out pretty quickly and become friends again

this thread worries me. i'm only halfway ( i think) through the game. Literally no idea which spoilers are safe to read or not, might have to stop coming in here....

That would be the logical thing to do. If I were actually intending to play this game in the near future there's no way I would be reading this.

some of the quests have really blown me away. hard to put it down

rannoch was jaw to the floor. replayed it several times in a noob effort to stop it swinging on way or another.

All posts that revolve around ME3 specific spoilers have been moved. Come join the discussion once done. I did absolutely every side mission i could and still finished in under 30. But disappointed at the length.

Other comments will be kept to other thread.