Sign in to follow this  
Phobos

The Call Of Duty: United Offensive Great Survey

yeah I know Nev/Shrives I was just using my experience with Kenny and COD 2 as a reason for thinking that.. I haven't actually attempted to install and update UO yet.

It will probably run smooth as silk now that I've said that..

It's not the smoothest of experiences. Give it a few hours, lol. I'm going to test mine when I get home to check it still works. I look forward to being able to connect to a server easily again via IP.

Clan Tag Nazi here I come :D

Ummmmm I know I have CD's but they take for ever to operate, apparently an old school game like CoD and UO takes 6 discs to install, go figure. Might buy steams version so I never have to use CD's again...

Yeah, it's cheaper to buy the War Chest then to buy CoD and UO separately $40). Still, at least we can guarantee that it's such a cool game that they still want $20 ea for them, most games from that era are like $5.

Great night :D Very good fun. I am most excited because CoDUO is now in my sig for the first time in a long time, lol.

Some pics from the evening. I should have taken some video with XFire as well.

123267153-4.jpg

123267160-4.jpg

123267163-4.jpg

123267167-4.jpg

123267173-4.jpg

123267175-4.jpg

123267180-4.jpg

Hope to see a few more next Friday if people are keen. Some CTF and SnD might be on the cards :D

Im downloading it tonight through Steam.

Sad thing is I bought and own both CoD and UO but I couldn't locate the UO disk.. I found EVERY other old game I have ever bought, even Medal of Honour Allied Assault... but no UO.. grr..

To make it worse, Once I installed CoD, steam refused to recognise it and wouldn't allow me to purchase UO as it didn't believe I had the prerequisite files (CoD). Double Grrr.

So I un-installed Call of Duty, lovingly put the disc away (to show the grandkids in 30 years) and purchased the War Chest through Steam, although I already own Call of Duty 2, it still refused to let me have the second Copy, but I'm getting CoD:UO and will be at next weeks game with bells on.

MoH:AA is a very basic and bleak MP game, not a real lot in level design, but it was a pioneer. I don't know if it would be worth the trouble trying to install it though...

I remember about a decade ago, myself and a mate playing MoHAA for about 12 hours straight over LAN, mostly on Stalingrad. I'm not too sure how we managed, but I'm pretty sure that gaming session was the longest I've had (about 55 hours if I remember correctly).

When Airborne was first released, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I played through the campaign about 3 times.

Mate's might have something planned for tonight. But if not, i'll be there with my MP44!

Plans have come up :(