NevilleBartos

Grand Theft Auto V

I have put more hours into it and i have to say i am enjoying it a lot more now. I enjoy the social commentary although it can come across as very pretentious, especially the "Life-invaders" and "slaughter 7" parts. There are a lot of clever things hidden around the world to be discovered; be it general chatter, radio or tv which makes me appreciate the effort they put into the details.

Game over-zealously follows stereotypes and is a little misogynistic, but i am unsure if this is intentional for satyr or accidental. I will stand by two of my comments of:

- every mechanic is medicore

- and the characters have no redeeming features.

Having said that it has definitely hooked me in a way that gtaIV did not, and the heists are very very well done. Many people are saying this is the best game ever made and is jaw dropping and amazing and while I disagree to the extent at which it is getting praise, i do think some aspects deserve it.

Game over-zealously follows stereotypes and is a little misogynistic, but i am unsure if this is intentional for satyr or accidental. I will stand by two of my comments of:

- every mechanic is medicore

- and the characters have no redeeming features.

I can definitely see what you mean here, R* have certainly gone for quantity rather than quality of a lot of things. I don't see it as a negative point, as everything works as (mostly) intended.

Also, I quite like the characters. I still don't like Trevor, and I don't think I ever will, but I do enjoy playing Micheal and Franklin.

OK GTAV you got me. I still stand by my previous comments but it has really hooked me in now. The variety means you rarely get bored and the hiests are amazing. This 3 player switching thing is a winner.

Haha, I couldn't agree with you more Blue. It has it's flaws, but I've put 30 hours into it now since Tuesday, so you could say I like it!

Two things

1- has anyone beat it yet? i have sunk a lot of time into it and i am JUST 50% through.

2- Officially the fastest selling media resale of all time, smashing the last record holder black ops 2.

Two things

1- has anyone beat it yet? i have sunk a lot of time into it and i am JUST 50% through.

2- Officially the fastest selling media resale of all time, smashing the last record holder black ops 2.

Yup, it took me 30 hours to finish the story. I buggered about a bit between missions, making sure I got most of the strangers done, so you could probably cut that time down a bit.

I have a completion of 76%, BTW.

I am doing all stranger missions but find myself skipping tennis and bowling and stuff like that as it doesnt really hold me.

Without spoiling the game, I reckon I must be pretty close to finishing, considering how the storyline is progressing. My savegame says I've completed 60%.

i'm about 55% through atm, although yeah i'd say i'm approaching the end as well.

Whilst i haven't spent much time doing tennis or any of that, i've probably spent a little too much time customizing cars/pimping them the fuck out, because well why not. I'm slowly growing a car collection to match jay leno's!

Haha, I have TRIED to play it online. As with anything online, the servers are at max capacity. You're lucky if you can join.

Here's a summary of my first hour or two online:

• Connection issues.
    Character customisation is quite cool though, you pick your Parents and Grandparents and that determines what you look like.
    Connection issues.
    Connection issues.
    Connection issues.
    I did manage to finish the first set of introductory missions, in which you don't see any other players. Much like singleplayer on this side.
    Connection issues.
    Finally finished the intro missions, and in a world with 15 other players!
    'Hello new friend' I say, as I'm immediately gunned down by another player.
    I avoided people after this.
    Connection issues.
    I get into a sudden death deathmatch round, with 7 others. Seems fun, shooting is much like singleplayer, no gripes aside from my woeful aiming skills with a controller (and yes, in general too).
    Connection issues.
    And then it froze and I was dropped from the game.
    Have been able to get into a world with others since, but as soon as I tried to load a job, it froze on me.

I played online last night for the first time. Got on with a bunch of mates and we just ran around doing pointless shit for a while: 6 helicopters trying to fly into/take over the military base was pretty fun.

Otherwise going between missions is a bit of a bitch, its not as smooth as it could be what with the constant load screens, and menu screens taking forever.

I played it briefly online on 360, got to the second intro misson where I just had to steal drugs off someone (missed the intro clip so not sure why I was doing it), they got in a vehicle so I chased them, no matter how many times I rammed them they just kept going, eventually they crashed, not sure if it was scripted or not cause I didn't see it, I got out of my car to checkout the wreckage and collect the drugs, turns out they were still alive and ran away when I got there (didnt have any ammo left), they jumped in another car and it started all over again, I couldn't damage there car or stop it by ramming it, in the end I ended up on the highway at the top of the map after starting at the bottom. Not sure if something went wrong with the mission but I ended up giving up cause it was getting late lol. Thats my only online experience to date, not sure it counts though as there are no other people at that point.

I am slowly making my way through the single player though and thoroughly enjoying it.

Thats strange Nath, I completed that mission with no problems. The guy with the drugs did run away but he was on foot, and so was easy enough to run over.

Maybe I should be posting this in the Short Term Leave thread to explain my absence, but here's what I've been up to online recently:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Having fun with the Cargobob helicopter. Trust me, it doesn't fly so well with a Firetruck attached.

0_0.jpg

This is what happens when you attempt to scoop up other players with said Heli. People don't trust you anymore!

0_0.jpg

And, there are still a few connection issues that sometimes leave Jets floating in mid-air.

I've found that being female sometimes stops you from getting murdered instantly!

Has anyone been playing this lately?

Since finishing the main story, I've just been playing the stock market and I've just finished moving some money around. I own every property that you can purchase in the game, each character has around 50 million on them, plus more then 2 billion each on the stock market.