NevilleBartos

Grand Theft Auto V

In terms of the character switching I'm hoping it is an optional feature adn that you don't have to play the game with this function. In saying that however I believe it will be essential to fully complete the story arc in total.

Looks like Grand Theft Auto V is officially getting large scale multiplayer:

I'm seriously looking forward to what people make with that content creator. Also, teaming up to do bank heists and robberies! I am excite.

Yeah it looks like it comes with GTA V.

"Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st."

Oh god, I cannot wait for this.

I've preordered a version on PS3, but it will be even better on PC eventually!

GTA Online looks incredible too, and I like that it's launching two weeks after the game does, that will give me time to play the SP without getting too caught up in everything.

Quote from Reddit with more details:

Here's a list of the new info from CVG:

Characters from GTA V will appear in GTA Online

GTA Online will not always be limited to Los Santos; additional locations are in the works

You can do anything in GTA Online that you can do in GTA V. They list the following: heists, co-op missions, gang attacks, death matches, impromptu deathmatch, races, tennis, golf, base jumping, shooting range, ambient events (hold ups of stores, armored van robberies, crate drops, import/export missions involving car theft, bounties that you can set on other players and people can claim), betting

If you are killed while holding money, you will lose a large portion of it and others can steal it. Use banks to keep money safe

An in-game smartphone can call your friends whether they are in GTA Online or GTA V. You can also use this to set waypoints for your friends. While using the phone, your avatar moves their lips with yours.

While you are driving, you can choose to grant someone else permission over the radio

In-game AI will respond to how aggressive you are on your mic (as in, if you're shouting during a robbery, the AI will react and speed up/become more frightened)

Whoever sets up a heist decides who gets what cut of the final money when that money is obtained

Garages range from two car ports to 10 car ports

Cars can have retractable roofs controlled by the player

Missions can be accessed by physical markers or through a quickmatch sort of menu

User-made missions can be favorited and rated

You can assign other players certain roles in missions based on the particular abilities they have leveled up

You can share cash and ammunition

There are stealth kill animations, possibly with a knife. The game tracks the amount of noise your character is making, and the AI will respond accordingly

You can steal physical items. During the demo, a mission was done in which a bike warehouse was robbed. The bikes had to be transported out in a large truck

"RP" are the points you get to level up your character

You can use physical gestures, such as flipping the bird

All of your info/communications in the game appear in the "Feed." Rockstar mentioned this as a sort of Twitter for GTA Online

You can purchase insurance for your car. By insuring your vehicle, if it gets destroyed or stolen, you can have it replaced by paying a small premium

Police helicopters have cameras mounted to the front of them. In real time, you can watch on live TV (on the news channel in your apartment) players with a high wanted level being chased by the police. There are additional channels with programs such as a crime noir show

Heists can have up to 20 different components. A heist is mentioned where a Titan (largest aircraft) is guarded by "Maryweather" (sp?)

There is a heli-pad on the roof of (at least) the largest AmmuNation and the store can also be accessed from there

Off the west coast of Los Santos, there is an another island with lots of buildings. This has not been seen before, but the folks at CVG saw it from afar

There is a "passive" mode where you cannot shoot or be shot

Your online world will always be populated with by 16 human players. You can still have friends in the game with you, but the other slots will fill up with random people around the same reputation level, as well

Source.

Sounded like they were making a full MMO in the video, then I read this -

Your online world will always be populated with by 16 human players. You can still have friends in the game with you, but the other slots will fill up with random people around the same reputation level

Does this mean its P2P networking? Not sure what they mean by that.

Yeah, I went and picked mine up, and then suddenly felt very sick and couldn't go to work yesterday.

It's a great game, and definitely a must buy. Wait for PC if you can though.

I picked my PS3 copy up first thing yesterday. I had a solid 8+ hour gaming session.

I played through roughly 10% of the missions, I've just finished the mission playing as Franklin where you have his dog Chop with you.

The rest of the time I was just dicking around. Flying planes, helicopters and just generally exploring and uncovering most of the map.

IGN has a nice interactive map that I'll probably make use of today to go parachuting/base jumping and I might even have a throw of darts.

Overall, I'm loving it. If not for the missions and storyline, it's an excellent sandbox too.

I bought it and i have to say that i am enjoying it about as much as the other games. It does everything mediocre and everyone seems to love it and i just don't get it. I am not hating my time with it but i am not "loving every second" like everyone else seems to be.

People say the story is what sells a gta game but so far all characters seemed to be based on lowest common denominator stereotypes and have no redeeming features.

Will put a few more hours in to it (will try to finish the game as i like to get my moneys worth) but i just can't get into these GTA games like everyone else can.

Also, the tech they showed was definitely running on a pc as the graphics are nothing compared to what they promised. It still is a very good looking game for a console game though.

nothing official, except the nvidia blunder, and supposedly coders have found "pc related" shit in the code of hte game.

Nah, GTA IV was 8 months, from memory, but the time has been steadily decreasing since the first time.

I'd expect to see an announcement around the same time as the next-gen versions are confirmed.

Also, I'm Decroxx on PSN, if anyone wants to play the MP when it gets released.

GTA V Online launches October 1st. It gives you about a fortnight to have your own fun in the SP before the mayhem of MP begins.

I bought it and i have to say that i am enjoying it about as much as the other games. It does everything mediocre and everyone seems to love it and i just don't get it. I am not hating my time with it but i am not "loving every second" like everyone else seems to be.
Will put a few more hours in to it

I'd reccommend the extra hours. I always was a big fan of the gta series. but the first 3 or so hours of gta 5 didn't really pull me in that much. Once i bridged that gap, the speed at which the game opened up and everything that happened has pulled me in like a motherfu.... i mean one of those horizontal bungee carnival type games. I'm having way too much fun with this at the moment, and the more i play it the more its sucking me in like a golfball through a garden hose.

Also, the tech they showed was definitely running on a pc as the graphics are nothing compared to what they promised. It still is a very good looking game for a console game though.

I would have to agree with this point, which to me also points to a PC release.