NevilleBartos

Grand Theft Auto V

Didn't care when I first saw it, dont care now. They always do everything mediocre but get praise. Mediocre driving, shooting story graphics, sound. At least saints row just goes crazy. Gta takes itself far to seroiuse to be fun these days. Don't try to tell me a story of a Russian monster in a who moved to america because he got a is wants to avoid killing people and gang life in a game where I can murder hookers with my car.

I know it's the first trailer and all, but I don't know if I like the look of it. I've played San Andreas, and IV, and honestly, IV was my favorite game of all time. I've put 300-400 hours into IV MP, so I hope they don't drop all the progress they achieved (story and narrative wise) with IV, and just run back to SA.

I've never really played the GTAs in any reliable sense. I've played a couple of demos of the first two, played GTAIII with Nath and some cousins on a 700MHz AMD Duron machine when the game first came out (needless to say it didn't run very well) and I've seen the others in operation since them - but I've never really had the time nor desire to pick them up and play through properly.

i played the original more than any others, GTA 1 was more about causing carnage than any overdone storylines, so much fun driving through a pack of hari krishnas and getting the gouranga bonus lol, still theres some sweet mods for the modern era gta's.

I was a massive fan of the last few GTA's. Even ordered them from NZ to get the uncensored version.

This was back in my console days so not that excited about this though I'll probably still buy it. :)

Don't try to tell me a story of a Russian monster in a who moved to america because he got a is wants to avoid killing people and gang life in a game where I can murder hookers with my car.

wut?

Don't try to tell me a story of a Russian monster in a who moved to america because he got a is wants to avoid killing people and gang life in a game where I can murder hookers with my car.

wut?

clearly been playing too much gta...

Lo i did it on the toilet on my phone. I meant to say

Don't try to tell me a story of a Russian mobster who moved to america because he got a conscious and now wants to avoid killing people and gang life, in a game where I can murder hookers with my car.

In reference to the story of GTAIV

Imma let you all finish, but GTA Vice City was THE best of the series. Period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piL-RGVxBmM

In all seriousness, after Vice City i tried SA and i thought it felt so far away from what i'd played previous, that it turned me off GTA. I hope the spark is back for this.

BUT, watching the trailer in the first post and now the latest gameplay one ^ it looks epic.

^ it looks epic.

yes yes it does lol

Only thing is switching between players during a mission .... i know it will prob be amazing and i'll love it but still worried it might get annoying and maybe frustrating or to complected. Some games have sort of done switch roles like one of the star wars games where u had the option to switch to a team member and attack with them but i never did and just rolled with the main character. So one thing ill be looking forward to see how it pans out. ( switching to the back up sniper might be pretty fun to play both roles ).

The tech in this one may force me to make a return to the series.

Will wait for either the pc version or the ps4 version when i eventually get one. I can't imagine the footage and previews we have seen were pumped out with a 360 or ps3.

GTA is one series I've never really played. Picked up GTA III when it first came out at a cousins as they got it for Christmas (although their old AMD Duron barely ran it, lol). Other than that, this is something I've generally missed.

That said, that trailer did look pretty cool.

That is epic! I've had a preorder down for PS3 for a long time, simply so I could play it sooner, but there is no doubt I'll get it on PC when that comes out.

I would like to believe that it will look that good, but somehow I doubt that it will look like that on current gen consoles.

^ it looks epic.

yes yes it does lol

Only thing is switching between players during a mission .... i know it will prob be amazing and i'll love it but still worried it might get annoying and maybe frustrating or to complected. Some games have sort of done switch roles like one of the star wars games where u had the option to switch to a team member and attack with them but i never did and just rolled with the main character. So one thing ill be looking forward to see how it pans out. ( switching to the back up sniper might be pretty fun to play both roles ).

Thats exactly what i thought jebus - The switching could either flop or make the game great.

On that note - the scene with the sniper watching over and switching between reminded me of the first smoking aces... Anyone else see a similarity? Either that or i was cracked when i watched the trailer the first time...

Definitely agree koro. That is all rock star do but. Take scenes form movies and pout it in there games.

This is true, but to be fair, vice city's similarities to scarface (and other similar movies of the time) is part of the reason it's so much fun to play.

I wasn't critiszing it, just stating. Although i generally don't get into gta. Sure they were fun to play but i never understood why they were considered so amazing. To me they just do a lot of thing mediocre.

Having said that, this looks good and i did thoroughly enjoy Red Dead.

Red dead redemption.... Now that was a game you could set your sundial to.

I actually started playing it again about 2 weeks ago, although i think in my old age i've become game-retarded. I just couldn't pick it up again, seemed overly complex to what i remembered...