Sign in to follow this  
NevilleBartos

Project Reality: ArmA 2

sooo the dudes that developed the PR mod for BF2 have released their ArmA 2 version of the mod today, it's still in beta but from what ive read its very playable, and a shiiteload of fun, free to play all you need is arma2 combined operations (A2+OA expansion), there is 1 server in aus atm...

downside is the mod is protected by a restrictive EULA which is a first for any arma/ofp mod and has caused some controversay in the arma community, so i think alot of hardcore ofp/arma fans have boycotted it, still i think the PR community is pretty huge, and i reckon if BIS sort out their netcode issues PR:A2 will be pretty huge.

stuff....

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f439-pr ... mod-forums

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 7.22:2302/

Of interest, what could possibly be required in a EULA for a mod which would be enough to turn people away from it? Sounds like a bit of a shame. I'm guessing they're trying to protect their intellectual property, which may have been stolen during previous efforts?

Funnily enough I was thinking about re-installing ARMA 2 and looking for a realism mod 2 days ago. Nev is scary like that.

+1 to Shrivesy's question. Wonder what exactly they are asking for?

Not as scary as the time I was thinking about having a beverage and Nev just rocked up at my front door step. Still don't know how he worked out where I live...

Lmao, you sick bastards, you promised you wouldnt tell anyone about that shrive. :redface:

Of interest, what could possibly be required in a EULA for a mod which would be enough to turn people away from it? Sounds like a bit of a shame. I'm guessing they're trying to protect their intellectual property, which may have been stolen during previous efforts?

well until PR all the arma mods were unrestricted, meaning people can pull apart the .pbo's and learn from them, create their own missions for them, or even use the content from them in their own mods, it's pretty much how most of the current arma mods have evolved.

The PR team has kept all their work to themselves so far and wont even let people host a server running their mod unless they're on the PR "whitelist" to protect their ideals basically (gameplay, accessability), which is kind of understandable as alot of the arma MP community is pretty fractured between all the different mods out there.

I dont think it will have much effect on either community though despite the nerd rage on the BIS forums when it was announced.

I dont think I've posted this video here before, it's pretty long but shows a good amount of gameplay, I was in this game under the alias "Keithy George".

I think this was around 7am WA time on a US server, unfortunately the only PR:A2 server that gets traffic atm, there is quite a few Aussies that play despite the time difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwOsSzvzRU