Boosteds4

Post Your Gaming Rig Specs

17 hours ago, bprc said:

What's that shiny Seagate thing on the left?

Ancient technology that kids speak about in hushed whispers around a campfire.

I had 80GB in my first build I believe. Then upgraded to a 320GB velociraptor drive.

Now I'm filling 14TB on my NAS and about 12TB on my computer between HDDs and SSDs.

On 05/01/2018 at 9:26 PM, TheLaw said:

Ram will be the next thing i get, along with a bigger M.2 (and NVME not Sata) as its currently holding Call of Duty which as of last night is now 226gb. 

Looks nice and neat!!

Just Because i have recently done a whole bunch of research on this recently for my own build, unless you are transferring huge files on a regular basis (4k video editing, 3d graphics etc) the bang for buck is probably better placed with a sata ssd. There just isn't a lot that can utilize the speeds claimed. Games won't load any faster.
But if budget isn't a concern then nvme the best.

Also note your board is pci-e 3, just e careful your not paying for speeds meant to run on pci-e 4. They are backwards compatible but you will loose out on that quoted number advertised if you do transfer that girthy file. 

Cheers Blue! My board only has the 1 SATA m.2 slot the remaining two are NVME only, which sucks as I have a spare SATA M.2 here doing nothing...  so if anyone wants it, it is up for grabs. 

I know the slot that my GPU is in is a Gen 4 PCI-E but I was informed the other day by @Predz that the current generation of Intel CPU's do not support gen 4 which is something I overlooked when researching the parts for the build. However, Rocket Lake will support 4th gen PCI-E. 

Also for those interested Prime Day is coming up and is NORMALLY a 24-hour deal, but Amazon wants to help some online/physical retailers here in Australia and try and help the economy a bit and have announced that Prime Day will be a 48-hour thing rather than 24 hours. The selected dates are the 13th and 14th of October so if you are looking at getting anything PC related maybe wait til Prime Day. 

Got a new rig yesterday. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Elite

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X570 Aurous Elite

GPU: Gigabyte Radeo RX 6700 XT

RAM: HyperX Fury 16gb @3600MHz

HDD: Samsung 2tb SSD 870 QVO and Western Digital WD 2TB Blue

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C

PSU: Cooler Master Gold 750W

20210903-162603.jpg
20210903-162816.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

22 minutes ago, MasterShrive said:

That is awesome. Run any benchmarks on it? How's it handle Crysis?

Haven't done any benchmarks, I just want to play the games lol

oh wow, i know that piece actually. A jazz band i was in made me play it like 3 years in a row.