Boosteds4

Post Your Gaming Rig Specs

Interesting idea to have 3 separate SSD's. I have to wonder if it's really worth it though? I only have MP games or ones I plan on playing a lot on the SSD, everything else gets shifted to the mechanical drives.

Yeh, built it myself, used to be a store manager at a PC shop so got it all cheap... no Decroxx, not worth having 3 separate ssd's only benefit is faster load/boot times... id rather sell 2 of them off and buy a 2tb just for my games.

only as often as needed, im wanting to upgrade case cpu and motherboard in the coming weeks... much better and faster stuff out there... ive had this machine close to 4 years now tho

Yikes. I didn't think it looked that old. How goes the G19? I've got a gen-1 G15 that's still going strong - as much as I keep looking around for upgrades I just can't justify putting this one aside until it actually stops working. Same with my G5 mouse. Both have seen a few thousand hours worth of gaming.

G19 is good, waste of $300 when i bought, but eye candy was the thing back then lol.. plus i can watch youtube on my keyboard while gaming haha

LOL. I wouldn't have even thought of doing that. I've noticed Logitech have gone away from including screens on their keyboards these days, instead offering an app for a phone which displays all the usual data. I think I'd still prefer a screen on the device, but by the time I go to upgrade that might not be an option.

Oh man, a G19 is the stuff! Mine survived a bit of a soaking in some beer (during an end of year celebration, if my rather hazy recollection of that night serves)

Same with my G5 mouse. Both have seen a few thousand hours worth of gaming.

The feet on mine are starting to peel :( Need to replace the adhesive, but I refuse to let it die as well!

The feet on mine are starting to peel :( Need to replace the adhesive, but I refuse to let it die as well!

$4 replacements on ebay ftw!

Thanks toddl3y! You reminded me to post my new specs.

Motherboard: ASUS X99-PRO Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K (stock atm)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 F4-2400C15Q-16GRK 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4
Hard Drives: Samsung XP941 256GB M.2 PCIe 2.0 x4 80mm SSD & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Classified ACX 2.0 4GB
Monitors: ASUS PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144Hz G-Sync & Dell 19"
Headphones: Audio-Technica AT-AG1
Keyboard: Logitech G710+
Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB
Mouse Surface: Razer Goliathus
Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i 80 Plus Platinum
CPU Fan/Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i
ROM Drive: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-209M

They don't make things like they used to *mumble grumble etc.*

$4 replacements on ebay ftw!

Yeah, I saw them. I've got some adhesive double sided tape, I'll try that first otherwise I'll grab some.

Handy that there's spare parts at least!

Thanks toddl3y! You reminded me to post my new specs.

Motherboard: ASUS X99-PRO Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K (stock atm)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 F4-2400C15Q-16GRK 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4

Hard Drives: Samsung XP941 256GB M.2 PCIe 2.0 x4 80mm SSD & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Classified ACX 2.0 4GB

Monitors: ASUS PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144Hz G-Sync & Dell 19"

Headphones: Audio-Technica AT-AG1

Keyboard: Logitech G710+

Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB

Mouse Surface: Razer Goliathus

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540

Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i 80 Plus Platinum

CPU Fan/Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i

ROM Drive: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-209M

glorious-pc-gaming-master-race-2.jpg

I just can't let go of the X58 platform just yet, without trying to push a bit more out of it.

Swapping out my i7-920 for a Xeon X5660 which I plan to OC to 4GHz+, and also picked up the exact same kit of RAM to what I already have, except 1600MHz, instead of the 2000MHz that I currently have, to take me to 12GB of RAM. Picked up both of these delivered for a bit under $100.

Nice. Good luck mate. That is quite the performance stretch. Meanwhile, I'm thinking about overclocking my current i7 4770K, just to get a little more out of her. And perhaps a GPU upgrade as we by year's end... but I don't know if I can justify that one yet.

Just finished swapping out my i7-920 for the Xeon X5660, and doubled my RAM to 12GB.

CPU: Intel Xeon X5660

COOLER: Noctua NH-U12P SE2

MOBO: Asus P6X58D Premium

RAM: Crucial 4x4GB (16GB) CT51264BD160BJ

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition

SSD: SanDisk Ultra II 240GB

HDD: Various - 15TB Total

SOUND: Asus Xonar Essence ST and Asus Xonar H6 7.1

HEADPHONE: Audio-Technica ATH-A900X

MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball iCE Blackout

KEYBOARD: Corsair Gaming K70 RGB (Cherry MX Red)

MONITOR: Acer Predator XB271HUA

MOUSE: Zowie FK1

MOUSEPAD: Razer Goliathus Control Large (Fissure Edition)

CASE: Corsair Graphite 600T

PSU: Corsair HX1000W

DESK: Officeworks Matrix Office Desk 1500mm

Even though it's at stock, I'm liking the temperatures on air. Max temps are from a half hour run of Prime95.

CoreTemp-Scr.png

Edited by Duckz

And thus marks the millionth time Shrive has said that, averaging out to nearly 4 an hour over his lifetime so far.

OT: That is a nice build, there's nothing quite like booting it for the first time either.

19 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

It's not the size that counts mate.

I was wanting something that is less obtrusive on the desk but still can provide a great visual experience with the current crop of games as well as what is coming in the next year or so. 

20 hours ago, PistolKnight said:

I have started researching a mini form factor PC - I still want a full size graphics card though.

I bought this about 18 months ago, thinking I'd do the same, and it has everything I was looking for in Mini-ITX, but I've still never gotten around to it.