Boosteds4

Post Your Gaming Rig Specs

Interesting.

Edit: For clarity, Phoby deleted a spammers post and left mine...

Edited by bprc

Let us know how that D15 goes. Looks like it's as good as an AIO which is impressive. AIO seem to have lost their position in recent years. I know my next build will be without an AIO - had mine since 2011 and I fear the day it springs a leak...

Exactly, will do. I've never been a fan of AIO's and watercooling in general, mainly because of the extra components and things that could fail, maintenance, and the added noise.

The D15 is the king of air coolers and compares on par with AIO's. And it'll run whisper quiet, indefinitely.

And, Noctua's mounting solution is simple genius. I wish Noctua would licence it out, and every other company use theirs.

Edited by Duckz

18 hours ago, Phobos said:

Let us know how that D15 goes. Looks like it's as good as an AIO which is impressive. AIO seem to have lost their position in recent years. I know my next build will be without an AIO - had mine since 2011 and I fear the day it springs a leak...

AIOs are still good to this day, but there are that many its insane.. I was thinking of looking into EK's line up of AIOs

New rig I bought for myself for xmas up and running

i7 8700k

Asus Strix-E Z370

16GB GSkill Trident Ram

Asus pg279q 27" IPS

Corsair H115i

Asus 1080ti Strix 11GB OC

Corsair HX750 PSU

Samsung m.2 860 1TB

Samsung 850 1 TB

EVGA DG86 case

IMG_0015.JPG

I have not OC'd it yet, so have not run prime or anything else. I have been keeping an eye on temps and the hottest it has gotten up to while gaming was 52 degrees (one core was slightly 1-2 deg hotter than the others) but the ambient was in the 30s so it think it is ok. I have not added any fans to what came with the case, H115i and GPU. I found it hard to confirm whether I had seated the AIO properly given that there is nothing really that tells you there is a problem other than temps.

Most disappointing was the H115i in terms of user guide etc to install - I had not installed a AIO before and had to reference and search Corsair forums several times querying different things as what was provided with the cooler was pretty minimal and there were a couple of things missing altogether. The Corsair forums confirmed my experience is not unique which was disappointing given the "Corsair" brand and part of the reason I paid a little bit more for their product.

The case is bigger than I expected (when I picked it up I thought I was picking up a small apartment block, so fair to say I did not really appreciate the size difference to the Fractal R4) but it was great to work in with lots of cable management in place, options and it does feel like a quality product. I must admit that I did start with a 4 side tempered glass case in mind but when I was looking into the cooling side that design is fairly reliant upon drawing air from the gaps between the 4 sides (and base) but that also means that dust is also finding its way into the case fairly easily.

I took the opportunity to do the build with Joel so he starts to understand the inner workings and how it all fits together etc.

Runs PUBG much better ~ 120 frames on a mix of medium to ultra settings. Really happy with the IPS panel 

Not sure, made so many changes at once (upgraded cpu, upgraded GPU, 1440 resolution, etc)

I dont use reshade anymore - I have made some changes to nvidia control panel settings eg vibrance and also made some changes to launch options (use all cores, 144 refresh, etc) it is running very smoothly

I don't have any problem sighting players anymore - but that also might to do with v1.0 being optimised

r0c29R7.jpg

My current rig setup. 

CPU: i5 7500
Mobo: ASRock H270 Fatal1ty Performance
GPU: Gigbyte Nvidia GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming Edition
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2133mhz 
Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 240mm
PSU: Thermaltake 750W Gold 80+ Semi Modular
Case: Corsair 450D
Peripherals: Logitech G810 Keyboard, Logitech G402 Mouse, Logitech G430s Surround Sound 7.1

Edited by TheLaw

Didn't know where else to post, so it can go here (feel free to move it Shrives).

After a lot of chopping and changing, I think I've finally settled on my preferred keyboard and mouse combo;

Logitech G Pro TKL keyboard

Logitech G403 Wired mouse without the extra 10g weight.

Razer Control Mousepad. Much prefer the little bit of extra friction this provides.

5b270de4cc413_20180618_112417(1).thumb.jpg.0501085bdb55400b6e488f5ebadd206e.jpg

Presenting Ramsay's new build

As of last week I am back on a desktop PC, after my laptop died.

See pictures of the PC and the Setup

Thanks to duckz help my specs are as follows

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard
GPU: MSI 1070ti 
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Cooler: Stock 
PSU: Seasonic Focus GOld 650W

Storage Main: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 500gb 

Storage 2nd: Segate Barracuda 2TB
Case: Thermaltake Versa J24 (RGB edition)
Keyboard: Logitech G512 Carbon (thanks Shrive)

Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Headset: Sennheiser GSP300 

Looks good mate. Complete new build? Because you were on a laptop previously weren't you? What did you going with?

Seeing that Diamondback, makes we want to dig mine out of my box of goodies and run with it for a while.

New build!

CPU: i7 10700k 4.8ghz
GPU: Gigabyte  Windforce OC 3X RTX 2070 Super 
Ram: Corsair Vengence LPX 16gb (2x8gb) DDR4 2400mhz 
Mobo: Gigabyte Z490 UD 
PSU: ThermalTake 750w Semi Modular 80+ Gold
Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX v2 
Case: Coolermaster NR600 
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb 
M.2: Micron M.2 Sata SSD 250gb
HDD Seagate Barracuda 2tb. 
Fans: 3x Corsair ML 120mm, 2x ML 140mm  
Ram will be the next thing i get, along with a bigger M.2 (and NVME not Sata) as its currently holding Call of Duty which as of last night is now 226gb. 

DwGqi0t.jpg

Thanks mate! The radiator just fits, I'll be swapping the 2 140s at the front for 3 120s. Forgot to include the photo of the back where all the cables are. Shockingly enough there was plenty of room for all of them and plenty of cable routing points. 

AUkADtK.jpg