Sign in to follow this  
Sin

Left for Dead 2

G'day guys,

recently bought l4d2 during the big steam sale along with a number of other RtD members. It's a pretty sweet zombie single/co-op/multiplayer game which has some pretty clever AI (though not breaking any tech-barriers) anyway just wondering peoples thoughts on it?

I think it's pretty sweet as a co-op. Single player gets boring fast as tge gameplay is similiar throughout with limited weaponry which can be grabbed early on and you meet all varieties of zombies pretty quickly. Basically they seem to show all their tricks and suprised straight up.

Graphics isn't amazing but it still gives an enjoyable feel, the lack of gore due to Aussie restrictions is a sad addition... An enjoyable little multiplayer mode where you play the survivors OR the infected is pretty kool.

So who else has it and what's your opinion?

I don't have it mate, but I have heard good things. How much was it worth on Steam? I may have missed the boat for it and ArmA, which is probably a good thing :(

I am still annoyed that you all got l4d2, not l4d1 which i already own (and didn't have the gore patches.) it should be a very good co-op game though, and hey somebody has to kill those zombies

Iv got L4D2 but I cant stand playing it unless i play the offline patched version. Bodies disappearing as soon as they hit the floor and 0 blood makes it seem rather boring : (That really doesn't sound good does it)

yeah, they really did go overboard on the censorship. I have seen a you tube vid of someone shooting a smoker that is crouched on a lamp post and the body disappearing before it even reaches the ground

We can only hope the R18+ rating for games eventually comes in so that games are classified correctly instead of having so much cut out of them :(

Ive logged a good 300hrs on L4D1, still a big fan, got to know the very skilled Vs Community. L4D2 wasnt taken to by many of the hardcore L4D1 players including myself, think MW>MW2. I still own the game and will jump in a Vs match with you guys anytime.