Sign in to follow this  
Blueberry

Black Ops Map Pack

If it's like previous CoD releases with dedicated servers (ie, CoDs 4 & 5) we will get the maps for free but they will come out a little bit later. In MW2 they made people pay for the maps, and they could do that because of the P2P nature of the game where it didn't matter if people were removed from the server for not having the next map. If I can't get on to my own clan's server though which we're paying for because I haven't purchased a map then I'm going to be very, very annoyed...

Should be good news as these will come to us not too long after competition has gotten started which means it will put a few fresh maps in to the mix.

$15 is a bit rough... Mainly due to it should have been included in the game already!

All it would be is a few projects that ran behind so they released without them...

Still exciting stuff!

OooBeeNice

Yea 15 bucks is too much in my opinion for a couple maps slapped together. Cod maps arent exactly using mind blowing realism and graphics. However a new zombie map is worth a few bucks lol especially if it has a new wep and zombie or two.

Oh my god! What are the chances of that?!

One perfect throw + one rc car in that space + 3 enemies round the car = insane multi kill.

Wow, that is not good. Especially given we had to wait. So what happens to people when those maps come up on the server? Seems a good way to split people if you ask me.

Given I'm playing the game a bit still when I have time I'll likely make the purchase. But, at the same time, if others in the clan don't wish to get the maps (which is completely their choice) then it's going to be an issue of whether our server runs them or not because we'll be including some members but discluding others :(

Edit: also, any idea on what is going to change in the next path? A shame about no mod tools :(

Hey PC fans,

With the launch of First Strike on the PC on March 25th, I would like to answer a few of the most frequently asked questions from the community pertaining to server admins, clients, and map rotations. Please read the below guide carefully before posting questions in the forums.

Clients:

Anyone can play on any server, regardless of whether or not you have DLC installed. All players will continue to receive patches (including 1.07, which deploys alongside First Strike). If a server rotates to a DLC map that you do not have installed on your PC, you will automatically get kicked from that server.

Note: There will be an additional browser filter introduced in patch 1.07 that allows you to exclude servers with DLC content in their rotation. Quick match searches will only put players into matches with content that they have installed.

Admins:

All servers will have First Strike available on March 25th. It will be at the server admin's discretion whether or not to run DLC maps on their server. Admins will also have the freedom to choose which First Strike maps will run on their server.

Note: Admins will NOT have to purchase a copy of the map pack in order to install it on their dedicated server.

Hopefully that clears up some of the most frequently asked questions surrounding the DLC deployment that will take place on March 25th.

Regards,

-JD

I dont think i'll be giving them any more money for now, i dont play the game that much anyway, if/when they release mod tools i'll probably grab it.

Mmmmm. All sounds a little dodgy to me, even though I'm going to get the maps, lol. I don't like the idea of people being split as it does pose the question on whether we install the new maps or not. Guess it will depend on how many make the purchase.

yeah sounds very dodgy, they could at least give us a lite version or something with poor texture quality, instead of splitting people up, it really does reek of greed considering the profits they've allready made off the title, i couldnt find any patch notes for 1.07.

Yeah, agree. Eventually they'll possibly come out for free I guess, but by the time that happens people will have moved on - especially if they cannot afford to play with their mates or don't want to fork out more for a game they've already paid for :(

Wow... that is surprising! Even so... I just bought them. I'm a sucker. :)

Hopefully most of the guys here to the same as it will be pain either playing on another server most ofthe time or having half our clan kicked everytime a new map comes up.