This is a basic "how-to" guide for Fistful of Frags, which was released and cancelled last year. The new version is much different from the original, as it is stand-alone now and not a mod, and it is so new that no updated guides exist.
Fistful of Frags
Era: Wild West
Platform: PC (Steam)
Price: F2P (Free to Play)
Rating: T (Blood, Alcohol)
FoF was originally a Half-Life 2 mod. It has retained the gameplay mechanics to a certain extent, so if you play or have played HL2 you will be familiar with the mechanics. As of now it is an online-only multiplayer FPS with four teams on a map. You cannot shoot teammates. Rather than teams winning, the scoreboard is arranged by each player's final score, meaning that the teams are scrambled through it. In other words, you're on a team, but it's every man for himself.
Right now the only gamemodes are team deathmatch and FFA. Four maps total (a river boat, a western town, a clustered town and a snowy outpost/castle).
All firearms have infinite ammo, so no ammo pickups.
When you get a kill you earn "Notoriety" (6 per kill, less per assist depending on your damage, extras from perks and streaks). Rather than whoever gets the most kills, the person with the highest notoriety win.
WASD - Movement
Left mouse - Fire
Right mouse - Iron Sights (lets you fire weapons faster), Throw weapon, Fire (dual-wield)
Center mouse/press the scroll wheel - Change hands (puts your handgun in your other hand. Useful for deciding what to dual wield, as each weapon must be assigned to a different hand)
Scroll wheel - Change weapons (if you have dual-wield weapons, equip one and scroll to the other to wield both. Changes Right mouse to fire second weapon)
R - Reload (if dual-wielding, hold R and click Left mouse to reload left weapon or Right mouse to reload right weapon)
Space - Jump
Ctrl - Crouch
Alt - Walk (reduces noise and improves aim)
Shift - Kick (with knockback)
E - Interact (open chests, drink whiskey to improve HP, close some doors)
Q - Cycle to previous weapon
B - Open loadout in-game
Z - Chat menu
V - V+Left mouse makes you drop a weapon (the fewer weapons you carry, the faster you are)
Tab - Hold down to view scoreboard in real time
[there are a few other misc ones]
-SW Schofield revolver (the "go-to" weapon. Six shots, single-action, two-shot kill if you're good. Break-open chamber, so reloading takes only two or three seconds)
-Smith Carbine (essentially the sniper rifle of the game. One-shot kill at most ranges. One round and it takes a good four seconds to reload so mind your aim)
-Mare's Leg (lever-action sawed-off rifle. Low on accuracy, medium power, 11-round magazine. Two-to-three shot kill if you're close)
-Dynamite x2 (two sticks. Can be "cooked" by holding down Left mouse)
-Knives x3 (three knives. Can be used to stab with Left mouse or thrown with Right mouse. They are NOT one-hit kill)
-Handgun Throw (throw your pistol as a projectile weapon with left mouse)
-Boots (improves kicking power)
-Brass Knuckles (improves punching power)
-Gentleman (random bonus)
-Right-handed (hold weapon in right hand)
-Left-handed (hold weapon in left hand)
Chest weapons (hold E to open a chest, then press a number key to select a weapon). As the tiers get higher, it takes slightly longer to open the chest. Be aware of your surroundings. Each map usually holds two Blue chests, one or two Red chests and one Gold chest. The loot is as follows:
Blue (Low Tier) Chest:
1. Hatchet (two-hit kill if you swing it with Left mouse, one-hit if you throw it with Right mouse)
2. SW Schofield revolver (standard)
3. Smith carbine (standard)
4. Mare's Leg (standard)
Red (Medium Tier) Chest:
1. Colt Peacemaker (stronger but slower revolver. Takes twice as long to reload at least)
2. Coachgun (double-barrel break-open shotgun. One-shot kill per barrel if you're close)
3. Henry rifle (an iron-sight lever-action sniper rifle with more ammo and less power. Reloads in half the time)
4. Black dynamite (four sticks. not sure what's special about it yet)
Gold (Top Tier) Chest:
1. Pump shotgun W1893 (6 rounds, 6 kills)
2. Colt Walker (another powerhouse revolver)
3. Sharps rifle (scoped rifle. Does not affect peripheral vision. One shot, VERY slow reload, but serious power. One-shot kill at any range)
"Bots" can spawn with different weapons you cannot access in the game. To get them, kill a bot and take the dropped weapon (although sometimes a dropped weapon cannot be picked up). However, FFA game modes change the initial loadout, giving access these weapons. Here is the list:
1. Derringer x2 (two two-shot pistols. Difficult to use dual-wielded, so low accuracy).
3. Colt Navy 1851 (black powder, 6 rounds. Reloads one bullet at a time)
4. Volcanic pistol (strange handgun with a magazine tube. Faster reload, seven rounds)
5. Sawed Shotgun (essentially a double-barrel shotgun with a six-inch barrel. Both barrels at close range = kill. Swift reload speed as well)
6. Bow (Right mouse to draw the arrow back, Left mouse to fire).
The other 6 weapons can be chosen if you hit the refresh/cycle button in the top corner of the "B" menu.- They should really have a hint for this in-game, it took me a day to figure it out and many people have the same problem.